Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Chehalis ? Oct.14  (Read 3455 times)

mark

Chehalis ? Oct.14
« on: October 14, 2004, 05:36:05 PM »

Any reports? I'm thinking of going tomorrow. Thanks. :)

Athezone

• Old Timer
Re: Chehalis ? Oct.14
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2004, 07:17:12 PM »

Hi there Mark, was at the Chehalis from noon till 5:30 and where I went the water is very low. I fished all around the hatchery area and must of hiked 4 miles. Caught lots of chum, did'nt keep any, and most were bucks. Not to too many people out when I fished, maybe a dozen or so. No coho to speak of and everyone was very sociable and talkative. I would suggest if the Chehalis is your chosen destination and you want co's then don't fish at the hatchery from noon on like I did. I had fun tho and enjoyed the cammeraderie. I doubt this helps you much but it's all I have to offer right now. I hope when you go out you hammer em, Good Luck.

mark

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2004, 08:46:04 PM »

Thanks, ;D Athezone

scalper66

• here fishy fishy
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2004, 07:37:56 PM »

were is this river ?

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2004, 08:22:24 PM »

Near Deroche

Athezone

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2004, 08:54:56 PM »

Hey scalper, you head east on Hwy. 1 and take the Mission exit and head north. Keep going straight until you hit a T and turn right. Once on Mission bridge take the first right exit, keep going till U hit another T go left and then right. Hit lights go right. Now you're on Hwy 11.
Drive for about 7 or 8 clicks and when you see Inch Creek Hatchery sign 3 kil, and then  a railroad crossing go right. There should be two stores opposite each other at this point. Keep going straight for ten or so clicks and you should see a sign with chehalis on it, at the next turn go left.Head up road about 5 kil. and you're in fishing country. It seems harder and more difficult than it is and once you go once you'll have in the old memory banks forever. I wish I could of been more helpful but if you at least get to the two stores near the inch creek hatchery anyone you ask will be able to point the way for you. Hope this helps. ;)

Rieber

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2004, 11:46:57 PM »

Seriously, there won't be enough fish (Coho) in the Chehalus this year - don't bother going - you'll just end up wasting a day. Try the Dewdney with spoons instead.

badboi

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2004, 04:40:02 PM »

anbody make it there today?
what the water level?

mark

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2004, 09:23:56 PM »

I was there today. I fished for 1 hr (around 7:30 - 8:30) and got nothing but chum the bottom was just covered with them and all I was getting was chum after chum, so me and my buddy left. Water color was good but need the river up a bit more so there is more room for the coho to manuver around the chum. ;)