Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: mamquam river oct.14  (Read 2778 times)

smoqqy

• i'm a drifter
mamquam river oct.14
« on: October 15, 2004, 10:10:22 AM »

please correct me if i mispell the name of the river.
fish from first daylight to sundown with two of my buddy. only a few trickle of fish every now and then but manage to land seven chum,all buck. i notice that most of them had already colored that's why we only keep one chrome buck.tested my sage 2106b.
maybe in another week,fishing we'll be good, tight lines

FishOn

• This sure beats workin!
Re: mamquam river oct.14
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2004, 11:57:49 AM »

Was that seven fish between all three of you or seven by yourself?

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2004, 11:59:40 AM »

Uh oh, I think I know where you will be standing tomorrow with a rod FishOn. ;D

Thanks for the report smoggy, yes, another week should be very good but the river will probably get busier as well. Let's hope this upcoming rain does not rise and dirty up the river too much.

smoqqy

• i'm a drifter
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2004, 01:15:38 PM »

yes fish on,all fish to the three of us,one buddy got skunked, one buddy on the fly landed a colored buck and the rest are mine ;D ::)
rodney,we're fishing the point of the rapid,knee deep.i had to stomp my feet every ten minutes before my feet go to sleep cause of the cold water. had a good time though,you can see most of the fish coming up,twice something bump my leg. a seal is always nearby and one more thing,saw maybe somewhere ten coho shooting up the rapid and out of about fifteen anglers nothing landed.my fly buddy has a brief hook up on the rapid

smoqqy

• i'm a drifter
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2004, 09:24:15 PM »

back to mamquam the whole day today(oct.16)with four buddies.very slow, couple of hook ups this morning,all lost except for a foul hook coho and a two pounds dolly.
but landed two chrome chum(one for me and the other buddy), on a double hook up this afternoon at around 4:30,clean the fish and get ready to go home.