Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Vedder Jan 25th?  (Read 3293 times)

silex

• VE7SL
Vedder Jan 25th?
« on: January 24, 2005, 03:44:04 PM »

Has anyone looked at the river today?

Is it worth the drive up from town tomorrow??

Steve

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
Re: Vedder Jan 25th?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2005, 04:08:19 PM »

Just looked at it 10 minutes ago at the Freeway Bridge can see 6 inches Max.. :( Above the slide do not know. :-\
« Last Edit: January 24, 2005, 06:10:26 PM by chris gadsden »

silex

• VE7SL
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2005, 04:19:47 PM »

Yikes - sounds like I should save the gas for another day!

Thanks Chris.

Steve

fishinfever

• fishing is REELality
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2005, 05:22:33 PM »

When accross Keith wilson bridge and still chocolate. Sun shone all day today in Chilliwack so river should start to settle down.  Forcast for tommorow is similar to todays weather. Future looks good

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2005, 09:20:18 PM »

Im Not to Good at predicting the future, but i believe the river will improve a few inchs on Jan.25.
The Bigger The Better!

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2005, 04:56:06 PM »

The river is very fishable guys.I fished today and was into 3 fish,all were lost.Got em all on a pink worm.Heres a hint,fish at youre feet. ;D
Well done, I just checked the Lower at the Freeway Bridge and visibility was about a foot so it should be fishable by tomorrow and I imagine above the slide should be a lot better., as I was told this morning it was 18 inches there yesterday.

More reports should be coming in later I would think from those that fished today. ;D

dnibbles

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2005, 08:09:29 PM »

FIshed up top today from Thurston down to below the Prison. Water is still nice and high, visibility was about 18-24" for us. I ran a big pink worm and my partner was fishing a Magnum bob. Howie hooked into one within first ten minutes just below Thurston, but it spat the hook on him after a few head shakes. Down at the bottom of the side channel near the Prison I had a solid take on my worm in tight to the shore, but alas, landing the first steel of the year was not to be. For some reason unknown to me, we decided to head across the Fraser after lunch and check out the Chehalis. Too many guys at Easter Seal, and I didn't have the ambition to climb around in the canyon, so we poked around in the trees. Lots of boot coho still around, and I spotted one steelhead that was coming in and out of sight from under a stump that I could not enitce to bite. Clear water and bright sun did not mix well here I suppose.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2005, 11:07:03 PM »

I heard fish were hooked in the lower today as well. ;D

Fishing with  Master Nick tomorrow, hope my losing streak ends and also a wild or two for the brood program and a hatchery for me to. Hope that is not too much to ask as I have to improve the 3 for 12 steelhead record including one lost thief but I may land him yet as I know the run he frequents. ;D ;D ;D