Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I NEED A VEDDER REPORT  (Read 2273 times)

Dragnet

I NEED A VEDDER REPORT
« on: January 27, 2005, 07:56:15 PM »

Can anyone of guys out that way give me an updated river report ie clarity, fishable, flow, etc.

Thanks, thinking of coming from the big city.

Fishin Freak

• Old Timer
  • Get The Feeling, Toyota!
Re: I NEED A VEDDER REPORT
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2005, 08:43:06 PM »

Can anyone of guys out that way give me an updated river report ie clarity, fishable, flow, etc.

Thanks, thinking of coming from the big city.

The drive from Agassiz isn't that far you know ;D

sassyboy

• Mining for Chrome
Re: I NEED A VEDDER REPORT,----- Update jan 16th
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2005, 08:55:59 PM »

Just got back after a day at the Chehalis and Vedder.
Fished campground run at The chehalis water is perfect but is dropping, i never seen any steel but still a fair amount of coho moving through, tried further down way below hatchery but water levels quite low with older coho everywhere you looked and I saw at least a hundred bald eagles, no kidding.
Vedder is still very high, clarity changes with every run, higher up at the cedar run the water is a lovely green but is very high and running fast. visibilitiy about 1-2ft.
The lower river from just above the bridge right down to lickman has again changed drastically with trees everywhere, what a mess, lots of fishable spots but also fast flows, visibility about 1ft (or less) Best all around water I found was around train bridge, speed was perfect but visibility is around 1ft or less. Unfortunately I never saw any fish taken today but quite a few guys out. As usual they said "Sunday was the day to have been there", one guy said he was into 10 fish. Next couple of days should see an improvement as weather should be okay and there is no snow pack on any of the surrounding mountains. Hope this helps, tight lines  :D