Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: vedder feb 20  (Read 2742 times)

summersteel

• Old Timer
  • Nic nic.
    • citycentermassagetherapy
vedder feb 20
« on: February 20, 2005, 05:19:46 PM »

Was out today and dam!! it was cold in the morning. Was at bergman rd at first light and there were only a few guys. None were in the spot I wanted to fish, I could see a big gong show of people up at lickman so I'm glad I wasn't there. I had no luck at bergman but one guy further below me kept a hatchery fish. Had lunch and then went up river near the cedar run by my old trusty hole. Managed to hook a nice fish of about 13lbs on roe and a gooey bob. After a good battle I got it near shore and it shot straight into the roots of an old tree thats become a hazzard. I know about this ##** tree very well and was unable to prevent my fish from going in there and getting wrapped around the roots. Goodby steelhead. Oh well, nice to get those head shakes.  BP
Fish on!

Sterling C

• Old Timer
Re: vedder feb 20
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2005, 05:22:17 PM »

Nice report BP. Sorry we missed each other today, guess I shoulda checked my mail. I only fished for a few hours in the morning and saw one fish on and that was all.
Actions speak louder than words.

summersteel

• Old Timer
  • Nic nic.
    • citycentermassagetherapy
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2005, 05:23:56 PM »

maybe next week.
Fish on!

Athezone

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2005, 06:52:40 PM »

Good report BP, too bad about that darn tree. I was out yesterday and not much happening around the Tamahi Bridge area then. Perhaps next week. ;)

Bantam_50

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2005, 08:52:01 PM »

Headed up to the flow late morning 11:00 ish (couldn't stay home ...even if the water is low and gin clear)....got to Lickman around noon and went to check out where I managed to get my first fish....LOWwwww. Covered all the likely spots ...nada...and then decided to inspect below Lickman.

Ran into a couple ol fishing buds and heard there was a couple fish hit first thing in the morning...worked over the run they were fishing. Thought I had missed a take...wasn't bottom the next drifts, but after 15 minutes nada....decided to head down river to cross. On the way back up...whada know...one buddy has a 13ish hatch flopping on the beach and I watch the other buddy hook and lose a fish. Guess I should of worked it longer.... but them the breaks. Beautiful sunset and she got nippy quick. Another fine Sunday. ;)