Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: lower Fraser May 4  (Read 3113 times)

lucky

• Old Timer
lower Fraser May 4
« on: May 04, 2005, 03:50:15 PM »

Got to the bar around 11 this morning only one other fisherman there, fished about 4 hours, caught and released 2 dollys in the two or three pound range, guy beside me caught 6 dollys, just as I was about to leave another fisherman showed up asking questions, stating that he had never bar fished before, so I showed him how tie some bait loops and got him set up. Ten minutes later the new guy lands a huge dolly maybe 7 lbs?, I thought it was a steelhead at first it was so fat, it was tough for him to let it go being it was the biggest fish this fellow had ever caught, but he let it go with a big grin on his face. No signs of any salmon yet but all in all was  a great day, between the dollys and the bullheads it was none stop action.

allwaysfishin

Re: lower Fraser May 4
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2005, 05:44:24 PM »

HUNDREDS of 20 to 30 lbs springs jumping below alex fraser bridge on the ebb tide today. Absolutely nuts to see. they are in the river boys!!!!!

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2005, 07:55:47 PM »

Hundreds?? I dont know about that......

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2005, 09:24:27 PM »

HUNDREDS of 20 to 30 lbs springs jumping below alex fraser bridge on the ebb tide today. Absolutely nuts to see. they are in the river boys!!!!!

Hundreds Thomas ?  :D

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2005, 09:36:58 PM »

T's sniffing in too much of that fume coming out of the sewage plant nearby the Alex Fraser. ;D However, they would be in the area right now, if you got lots of roe you'll probably hit one eventually. ;) Nice report lucky, I am not getting out until that water clears up around early June, will get them on the spinners then. :)

allwaysfishin

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2005, 02:11:32 PM »

FOR REAL multiple jumpers, several at a time for over 1/2 hour. Hundreds may be an exagerated amount, but the report is good. I'll rephrase it , hehehe, LOT's n LOT's of springs were jumping in the lower fraser yesterday on the ebb tide. I myself have seen springs jumping just before high tide in the evenings for the past 2 weeks while i've been out after sturgies, at least 3 or 4 per night. But yesterday was by far the most I've seen yet. A good school of em definately went through...... or maybe it was somethin i was smokin....... hmmmm
« Last Edit: May 05, 2005, 02:14:21 PM by allwaysfishin »

ahans

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2005, 03:07:01 PM »

Hey Lucky.....were you using a bar-rig with roe and spin & glows........north arm or south arm (not the exact location ;D ;D). And also about the weight....is 3oz pyramid OK? Thanks  8).