Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Alice Lake May 6th  (Read 2163 times)

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
Alice Lake May 6th
« on: May 06, 2005, 09:44:54 PM »

As mentioned in another thread, Itosh, his dad, TtotheE, my dad and I fished Alice lake in Squamish today. The weather was very nice, not too hot, yet not too cold. The breeze was a little strong at times, making fishing rather difficult. Itosh and TtotheE were in their float tube, while my dad and I were in the Brandywine Flyer. :) Itosh's dad wandered about along the shore line, seeking for those shade-loving fish. ;)

The lake was last stocked on May 26th (oops! edit, back to the future, April 26th), therefore fishing was expected to be somewhat good. Although these Fraser Valley rainbow trout are not as trophy-like as their interior cousins, constant action can still make a good day of fishing. :)

We started around 12:30pm, and finished around 6:00pm. I caught most of my fish on a spinner that I made. There were quite a few fish in the 4 inch range that would attack the spinner but would never get hooked. Dad fished with a 15 foot pole that is rated up to 2lb test. He did pretty well simply by dropping a shrimp under the float beside the boat.

We kept a few bigger fish since Dad's visiting from Asia for a week and fresh fish is hard to come by over there. :)

Here are some photos.

I must say this is a pretty good photo of Itosh in a float tube. I wonder who took the pic. ;) This was taken just after he released a fish.

Dad fighting a fish on his pole. Check out his funky gammy hat and shade. ;D

One of the bigger fish from today.

The tubers. :)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2005, 10:25:06 PM by Rodney »

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
Re: Alice Lake May 6th
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2005, 10:14:17 PM »

The lake was last stocked on May 26th, therefore fishing was expected to be somewhat good. [img]

May 26th ??