Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Stryker Rods Group Buy  (Read 3550 times)

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
Stryker Rods Group Buy
« on: May 27, 2005, 04:40:10 PM »

Stryker Rods Group Buy

This group buy is for both fly rods and drift rods. Group buy discount is 10% of the retail price, minimum number of rods in the buy is five (so everytime we reach five, the order can go through).

Price list
Drift rods
Fly rods

What to do?
1. Select the rod you wish to order.

2. Go to the components page, choose the components that you wish to go with your rods. ie. model/colour of guide, rod tip, reel seat, butt cap, thread colour, blank colour.

3. Download this order form, type in your order and email it to me at info@fishingwithrod.com. Subject: Stryker Rod Group Order.

4. Once we reach the minimal order, I'll email you and ask you to mail Russ the builder a cheque for the order. He will then proceed to have your rod built. Note: Because it is a custom built rod, please allow 2 to 4 weeks after order has been submitted. The sooner you guys do this, the faster the rods are complete because once the Fraser season starts, he'll be VERY busy.

If you have any question regarding the rods, you can either post your questions here or ask Russ at russ@rodandreel.ca.

lucky

• Old Timer
Re: Stryker Rods Group Buy
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2005, 06:14:30 PM »

Im a little confused, the price list for the rods, is that the price for a full rod? or is that the price of a blank? then we would have to purchase the rest of the parts? or is that the price for a basic setup and if we want better componants we pay extra?

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2005, 06:16:46 PM »

those price lists for fly rods and drift rods are for FULL RODs, not just the blank. Because it is customly built, you have the opportunity to choose what components and colours you want so you can look good when you're out next time. ;)

lucky

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2005, 06:20:25 PM »

thanks for the clarity, they look like some nice rods, would love to get one of those flyrods.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2005, 12:29:39 AM »

Sounds good, TtotheE also picked up four of those rods last week. :o

Like I said, this is an ongoing group buy. If a few of your get together and want to get some drift rods or fly rods, then we can go ahead with the 10% discount. The magic number is five. :)

I highly recommend IST1263F (which is basically a 2106). It's light, the action is great, I had a great time with it on coho and steelhead last season.

TtotheE

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2005, 12:17:50 PM »

To clarify,  I bought 2,  my dad bought 2.  I'll definitely be bringing my new rods with me to the Salt Spring trip.  Different weight rods are used in different situations :D  I bought a medium action 3 and 7,  and for the quality and prices they were going for,  just couldn't resist. ;)

dennisK

• Old Timer
  • sheep rise up.
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2005, 07:19:25 AM »

just want to say that Rainshadow blanks are one of the best in the business...beautiful action and strong...prefer it over Gloomis.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2005, 07:55:22 PM »

Here is a series of photos of this year's Stryker fly rods. This is a 4 weight (IF 904).

When you purchase a Stryker rod, you will receive a rod bag and a Stryker hat.

Action shots ;)

« Last Edit: July 12, 2005, 08:06:17 PM by Rodney »