Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fawn lake fishing report May 27 - 29  (Read 2184 times)

fishingbuddha

• Fishingbuddha
Fawn lake fishing report May 27 - 29
« on: May 29, 2005, 09:52:31 PM »

Thanks to everyone who offered their hints/tips for fishing fawn lake.

After talking to the locals, fishing at Fawn Lake has slowed somewhat.  Weather was extremely hot for this time of year(30+ degrees). From Friday to Sunday the lake had turned from clear to green due to the algae bloom.

On sat, i hooked into about eleven fish and landed 8. all my fish were caught on a long, dark green (almost black), dragon fly nymph pattern with a hackle at the front of the fly, a hackle at the middle and a little marborou tail. body = dark green/brown chenille.

All the fish were between 14-18 inches. nothing big but they were very silver. in fact the red band was almost not visible. others in my group caught several fish in the 16-20 inch range, also on similar flies. other flies working included, gold bead headed wooly buggers in burgandy (flashy) or brown. also, one of the guys was fishing chironomids and hooked into several using really large chironomids.

If conditions are like they were this weekend, i suggest you fish this lake with a sinking line and deep.  the evening bite was the best. once it got a little cooler, the fishing turned on.

fishingbuddha

« Last Edit: May 31, 2005, 12:58:34 AM by Rodney »
I hope that when i die, my wife doesn't sell all my fishing equipment for what i told her i bought it for!

Greg

Re: Fawn lake fishing report
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2005, 12:19:28 PM »

Hey Budda,

Thanks for organizing the weekend, I had a great time.  Too bad for the slow fishing, but at least the weather was great I just have to get something for the sun burn on my arms!

Greg

fishingbuddha

• Fishingbuddha
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2005, 11:28:26 PM »

a slow day fishing on a beautiful lake, soaking in the rays and slugging back wobbly pops beats a day at work anyday.

fishingbuddha
I hope that when i die, my wife doesn't sell all my fishing equipment for what i told her i bought it for!

Trout Slayer

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2005, 11:49:36 PM »

Sounds like a good trip. ;D Thanks for the report. :)