Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Cap- june 16th  (Read 4744 times)

salmon assasin

Cap- june 16th
« on: June 17, 2005, 08:26:15 PM »

Hit the cap after school today got skunked tried cable, dog leg and another spot.. saw 1 fish move into dog leg when i first got there and then I looked at what I thought was a log in the middle of the pool NOPE A SEAL! >:(   so I threw a rock at it and yup  ;D A HIT  ;D the ugly beast ran straight off  rapids ???       hopefully never to return again   
checked out the hatchery ladder and there were tons of fish.
To bad theres none anywhere else in the river
Any one have a more positve report?

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
Re: Cap- june 16th
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2005, 08:34:44 PM »

Been out a couple of times this week. Same result as you. BTW good shot on the seal !!

salmon assasin

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2005, 08:38:21 PM »

thnxx
hahaha
lol ;D

HereFishyFishy

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2005, 08:43:40 PM »

I hope it wasn't a big rock
there are actual fish involved in fishing right?

meca_357

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2005, 09:51:35 PM »

same report as u bro... good shot on that fugger... hope it taught it a lesson to stay in his side of town...  ;)

the_pict

• glenmorangie- fishing -triumph motorcycles
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2005, 09:56:59 PM »

was out after work today and  saw a few ho  splashes, no takers, except for my buddy who hooked and landed a nice steelie 7 - 8 lb ish  unfortunately no decent camera had to use my cel cam  2 quick shots and she was gone    great to watch that bullet twist and leap  ;D

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2005, 10:24:24 PM »

No need to throw a rock at it. Its just trying to live and to live it has to eat. We are fishing more for sport than to feed our families unlike the seals. Next time I see you out maybe I will just throw a rock at you.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

salmon assasin

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2005, 11:26:58 PM »

Go For It  ;) ;D
hahaha
Those seals get enough food, if you have ever been fishing in the chuck you will know you lose at least half of your fish to seals not to mention they follow the boat waiting for you to hook a fish!
The seals are also over populated and it wouldn't hurt to lose a few. Also pools like dog leg normally have close to a hundred fish in them if not more and I bet that seal ate almost every fish in there its bad enough that that cap is doing poorly right now but to have a big fat seal in there killing everything that moves is even worse >:(   !

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2005, 07:29:32 AM »

Ya but it still doesnt give you the right to throw a rock at it. I am serious by the way if I ever saw anyone do something like that I wouldnt throw a rock at them but I would hurt them and trust me I am not someone that puts up with crap like that.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

Nina

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2005, 07:33:23 AM »

Please don't make threats on the forum.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2005, 07:53:18 AM »

Please don't make threats on the forum.

Yep, keep in mind the people who you interact with maybe minors. And nope, throwing rocks at wildlife is not a good idea, but suggesting that you may perform physical harm on an individual over the net is taken very seriously.

lucky

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2005, 09:19:52 AM »

eddie, do you spent much time on the ocean? do you not think there is a ever growing seal problem? well I do, and if it was legal I would shoot as many as I could.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2005, 10:10:50 AM by lucky »

blueback

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2005, 03:15:17 PM »

I don't know if you guys realise this, but the feds take a very dim view of people messing with a protected marine mammal. Not legal to harass them or through rocks at people either, even if this is done to protect other species (not that you'll ever see any enforcement around ::))   

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2005, 03:37:16 PM »

The Feds should review the animal endangered list from time to time. It seems to me that once an animal is placed on this list it stays on it forever.

FISHIN MAGICIAN

« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2005, 05:14:16 PM »

hey! :)

Just have to say that seal culls are a necessary thing for the Strait of Georgia considering that salmon stocks are dwindling, and believe me, they do take a lot of fish you hook depending on where you fish.

By the way...as for seal culls...they kill hundreds in Georgia Strait every year.

As for you folks on here that protest that, publicity is just that, designed to suit a purpose..and you anti seal cull supporters usually use propaganda as opposed to facts to suit your purpose.

FACT: the seal population is great than it was. FACT: the lack of availability of alternative food sources for seals has them turning to salmon.

FACT: The main predators for seals and sea lions are killer whales of which don't spend as much time on inner coast waters due to lack of food.

Anyone that has lost dozens of trophy size tyees and 40, 50, and 60 lb fish to Sea Lions as a professional guide in Georgia Strait and the Queen Charlottes, like myself, can tell you that there is a SEAL PROBLEM in Georgia Strait.

I am not going to argue...with anyone...but I know a few people who are scientists and researchers from the Vancouver Aquarium and FOC who can confirm what I said.