Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Cap June 27th  (Read 3836 times)

meca_357

Cap June 27th
« on: June 27, 2005, 02:46:06 PM »

Well finally decided a.k.a managed to wake up at 430 to get my fishin on. I went to pick up my partner but unfortunately he was sick and wasnt able to get the strenght to come out and join me. So i decided to go on my own. I got to my spot around 530 set up my line on my new rod and reel  :D and tossed it in the veryyyyyyyy low and clear river. I gave 'er for a while but not a single bite or sign of a fish. Eventually i hear something break through the water and i get a glance of the splashing water. It was just a riser and i didnt get to see the size of the early coho. I change up my gear since it wasnt working and i throw on a orange blue fox spinner on. I casted it out a couple of times until WAMMM fish on... wait nope just a friggen snag. I play the snag for a min or so to try to get my rig back but my 8 lbs leader breaks off. In all an all i lost a spinner no fish what so ever so i decided to head home and put in 4 more hours of sleep since i got a day off work  ::) . I was shocked at how low the river is though we definately need some rain on this side of town for the cap fishin to improve. I dont think ill head out there again for several weeks until it picks up a lil bit. Guess ill have to swing my new set up somewhere else.. i wonder where *cough* july 1st *cough*  ;)
tight lines! 8)

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
Re: Cap June 27th
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2005, 03:51:23 PM »

I got to my spot around 530 set up my line on my new rod and reel  :D and tossed it in the veryyyyyyyy low and clear river.

Next time try tossing your lure or bait into the river rather than your rod and reel. You might have better luck. ;D

meca_357

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2005, 04:50:37 PM »

LoL fair enough F.A

CF i wasnt high at all i was down from the highway bridge... what kind of lures u using or bait? any info would be great thanx

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2005, 06:21:30 PM »

Try using spinners and small Krocodiles.

summersteel

• Old Timer
  • Nic nic.
    • citycentermassagetherapy
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2005, 08:28:39 PM »

The problem isn't that we need rain, ( where have you been?) its that the people who control the dam need to let some water out. The dam is full to capacity by the looks of it and they won't let a decent amount out to bring fish in. Are they still worried we'll have a drought?
Fish on!

meca_357

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2005, 08:45:09 AM »

haha fair enough C.F. that says a lot man i appreciate it, i guess ill give it another try this week or something and ill  let you know  ;)

meca_357

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2005, 10:11:18 PM »

CF u got mail

DaN ThE MaN

• Old Timer
  • Darn she got away!!
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2005, 12:16:32 AM »

wat about me???!! :D