Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: EGGMONT  (Read 2697 times)

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
EGGMONT
« on: July 30, 2005, 05:16:04 PM »

Fished at the Eggmont marina peir for 2 days . 1st day was a little slow fishing and between the 3 of us we got 2 rockcod 1 mudshark and about 20 huge perch. 2nd day fishing was insane hooking into 8 lingcod and one small rockcod and one green ling. All fish were realsed unharm. Some of the Lings must of been easily 20 pounds and take about 20 minutes to bring. We got most of the lingcod on huge 8 inch pile perch. AWSOME TRIP. Also on the second day I was sitting watching my rod then i looked away and looked back to find no rod???? Looked around and and could not find it!! A big ling must of pulled it right in. Atleast i brought another rod though but it still sucks losing a        200$ setup.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2005, 05:26:29 PM by THE_ROE_KID »
weeeeeeeeeow!

redtide

• Old Timer
  • catch anything?
Re: EGGMONT
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2005, 07:46:54 PM »

you mean edgemont on the sunshine coast? thats a lot of action for a pier!

phatwop

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2005, 08:58:32 PM »

Also on the second day I was sitting watching my rod then i looked away and looked back to find no rod? Looked around and and could not find it!! A big ling must of pulled it right in. Atleast i brought another rod though but it still sucks losing a        200$ setup.

....what about the big ling that's dragging your set up on the bottom of the sea... :) it's gotta suck for him as well..

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2005, 09:11:38 PM »

ahaha yes eggmont on the sunshine coast and yes that must suck for a ling cod lol but they have razor sharp teeth that could easily cut the line.
weeeeeeeeeow!

kellya

• Old Timer
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2005, 09:24:36 PM »

Lingcods teeth are big but pointy and spaced apart so i dont think he will cut the line. Tough break on loseing the rod!

The_Roe_Man

• I like ROE!
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2005, 09:46:39 PM »

All the fish were released unharmed you say.  Tell that to the perch you used for bait. ;) ;
I like ROE

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2005, 09:52:30 PM »

So what did you use to catch the perch ?

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2005, 04:50:05 PM »

I caught the perch on shore crabs. Al so i think lingcod can easily cut the line. Lots of lingcod that we had would come up and snap there mouth really hard and break the line.
weeeeeeeeeow!