Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Angling On The Fraser Threatened, Cheam File Injunction  (Read 70881 times)

pepsitrev

• Old Timer
  • my family and fishin are #1 in my life
Re: Angling On The Fraser Threatened, Cheam File Injunction
« Reply #135 on: August 09, 2005, 08:20:03 PM »

??? good point you think it would be open for all sportsman  ;D

DragonSpeed

• Old Timer
  • Less Computer Time - More fishing Time...yes YOU!
    • My Pictures
« Reply #136 on: August 09, 2005, 10:44:14 PM »

AS far as I can tell from the wording of the injunction we are only prohibited from the river while there is a drift net opening. So if there is no legal opening should the river not be open for all to use?

Centerpin  8)

From what I gather you are correct.  Although they want to give permission at any time.

The injunction is also only against anglers fishing from anchored boats.  All other anglers (moving boats/shore bound) are not restricted.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #137 on: August 09, 2005, 10:54:01 PM »

Judgement coming down at 9:30 am. Will be out fishing so hope someone else can post info as it comes in.

SDA will be swinging into action after announcement. Operation Barby once again????

Centerpin

• To Fish Or Not To Fish Such A Stupid Question
« Reply #138 on: August 09, 2005, 11:32:40 PM »

AS far as I can tell from the wording of the injunction we are only prohibited from the river while there is a drift net opening. So if there is no legal opening should the river not be open for all to use?

Centerpin  8)

From what I gather you are correct.  Although they want to give permission at any time.

The injunction is also only against anglers fishing from anchored boats.  All other anglers (moving boats/shore bound) are not restricted.

I am very sorry but I will never ever ask any FN permision to fish any water in Canada >:( >:(

Centerpin  8)
No Nookie Like Chinookie

allwaysfishin

« Reply #139 on: August 10, 2005, 06:17:05 AM »

no sorries needed
i think most canadians would agree you, I know I do.

Old Black Dog

• I Volunteer!
« Reply #140 on: August 10, 2005, 11:05:31 AM »

Round two, the Sportsfishermen overturn the injunction!

As noted on CKNW, 11am news.

Thanks to all who were involved!

allwaysfishin

« Reply #141 on: August 10, 2005, 11:06:03 AM »

any news on this mornings decision yet????

TtotheE

Cheam Injunction Tossed!!
« Reply #142 on: August 10, 2005, 11:07:08 AM »

This just in from Rodney who's out bar fishing (quote) "the Cheam injunction has been thrown out by the court".

Furthur updates will be available later.

DragonSpeed

• Old Timer
    • My Pictures
« Reply #143 on: August 10, 2005, 11:12:49 AM »

Hopefully they will continue in the dialogue with SFAC DFO and the rest of the FN's.

FISHIN MAGICIAN

« Reply #144 on: August 10, 2005, 11:49:54 AM »

Continue to Dialogue? BS. If those Dialogues were working then the Cheam wouldn't have gone out there and filed an injunction.

DragonSpeed

• Old Timer
    • My Pictures
« Reply #145 on: August 10, 2005, 11:58:21 AM »

Continue to Dialogue? BS. If those Dialogues were working then the Cheam wouldn't have gone out there and filed an injunction.

Multipronged attack.  Typical business strategy.  While one arm negotiates the merger, the other sees if it can find dirt on someone to lower the share price.

Old Black Dog

• I Volunteer!
« Reply #146 on: August 10, 2005, 12:05:37 PM »

As noted on the 12 noon news the Cheam are looking at possibility of future court cases!

They blame the Sports Anglers for the lack of fish!

Steeler2000

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #147 on: August 10, 2005, 12:25:12 PM »

Yah those damm sporties. :o  You see them all the time hanging around the pubs ,camping grounds
and dead end roads selling their catch out of the trunks of cars .
Then at the end of the day , when do else will by the rotting fish they just dump them in a big pile
some where . :-X :P
Can't blame them though , who else is going to support their habits . ::)

FISHIN MAGICIAN

« Reply #148 on: August 10, 2005, 03:44:13 PM »

If the Cheam are going to file future court cases, they should really rethink their actions and the consequences of doing that. If anything, just watch MORE scrutiny of NATIVE FISHERIES around the province, most importantly them and their fisheries.

If anything, the Cheam think they can ram this down the sporties throats via going to court. I have news for you, it wouldn't be hard to expose the Cheam and other native bands for the smoke and mirrors their lawsuits really are.

If anything, someone should go out there and do a news story, and some investigative journalism into the current state of affairs of the dark side of FN fisheries in this province, and it would really become the talk of the town, and reintroduce the whole Native them back to the spotlight.

If anything, it would be nice to see the Fisheries Minister get off his my friend and get busy. I have written a letter and am just about set to fire it off to everyone in Ottawa.

If anything, the Cheam have no idea what kind of harm they are doing to themselves by taking this to the courts.

If anything, if the Fisheries Minister wanted to, he could start to deal with the Native Issue, and public opinion at this point is that certain bands think they are "HOT SH$$" and can thumb their noses at other user groups. Guess what FN rogues, if the fisheries minister decides he is going to deal with you guys, as public opinion and the other interest groups, particularly the commercial and sport, and other non users such as the general public, the Natives better be prepared to play hard ball.

pepsitrev

• Old Timer
  • my family and fishin are #1 in my life
« Reply #149 on: August 10, 2005, 07:52:21 PM »

;D enjoyed reading your post fishinmagican i could not agree with you more. i still do not understand what the hell DFO is so damm afraid of the natives for if they were doing there job by the books they would be cracking down on the fns and them selling salmon like a other post said out of cars and trucks. why dont they go out and get a job like all the other sportsfisherman and buy there license and gear like we all have to . all i want is 2 sockeye to feed my family not 15.000 so charlie and the rest of the boys can buy beer and call it their right . there now i feel better ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D. and to all you guys who have been keeping the rest of us updated you are doing a fantastic job tight lines and sharp hooks to all of you and may the fish gods smile upon you in your upcomming days on the river ;)