Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Seabird aug 6th  (Read 4004 times)

Floater

• Old Timer
Seabird aug 6th
« on: August 06, 2005, 06:18:12 PM »

Pretty slow today arrived at around 6:30ish saw one guy come back with a spring said he was the only one with fish. Run off nearly gone only a few inches deep now. The fishing was pretty slow hooked into one sockeye in the first hour then just a few bites but couldent set the hook right. At around 11  two guys had springs on one landed other gone , then BAM! i got fish on didnt feel like a spring untill it decide to give everyone an arial show. Landed this 22 pound buck and that was it for the day no more action on the whole beach!!!! :o. Didnt even know about this whole native deal and was wondering why they were drifting so close to the shore basicly we couldent even cast somtimes they were drifting so close but i didnt care cuz i had this on the beach.

[

BIG T

• Old Timer
  • One crazy fisherman!!!!!!!!!
Re: Seabird aug 6th
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2005, 06:37:02 PM »

congrat to you floater,nice fish and thanks for the report

allwaysfishin

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2005, 07:31:00 PM »

cool man, beauty fish.
was there any yellin going on between the netters and the sporties or was things pretty cool?

oddjob

• woof woof
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2005, 08:04:50 PM »

WHERE IS SEABIRD ??? ??? ???How do i get to seabird?? ??? ???

cohobud

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2005, 09:19:54 PM »

Tell me how to get there and how to fish them. BB ?

Floater

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2005, 09:44:13 PM »

cool man, beauty fish.
was there any yellin going on between the netters and the sporties or was things pretty cool?

No it was pretty silent no one was catchign much fish anyways so i dont think they cared plus i didnt even see the netters pull anything in but the net cuz they did it super fast over and over.
[

Floater

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2005, 09:52:30 PM »

OK getting there im gona tell it my way lol. You take the number one to Exit 135 thats at harison hot springs as the sign says then you just keep going down the road (theres only one main one that you get off) you keep going down till you reach a round about then past over a bridge and the fraser. After about another 10 mins down the same road you will see a bunch cars on the sides you know your at the right place if there is a over grown forgoten parking lot on the left side. Basicly its like going to Grassy or Scale but its before all of those. Yes you do BB there also good idea to bring waders in case of run off still isant gone or sometimes you gotta get in the water to cast cuz lots of people seem to do that there.
[

cohobud

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2005, 10:13:30 PM »

What kind of bait should i bring ?

Floater

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2005, 10:18:40 PM »

I use red wool.
[

catfish

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2005, 07:47:17 AM »

:)Nice catch Floater. I'm still trying to get my first string of the season.

Floater

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2005, 01:26:33 PM »

Yah it took me about 5 trips with the vedder and frase combined to get one.
[

pepsitrev

• Old Timer
  • my family and fishin are #1 in my life
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2005, 01:48:32 PM »

;D nice fish floater way to go ;D

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2005, 02:58:57 PM »

Nice fish floater. where on seabird were you at. I think I was fishing beside you when you got the sockeye. I guess I left to early to see your spring.

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

Floater

• Old Timer
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2005, 04:01:29 PM »

OMG yah you were lol you did leave too early ! two springs were landed just after you left but i dont blame you , you had to be pretty dedicated casting for hours to get a fish. If just been dying for that feel of a spring on so i wasant going anywhere lol.
[

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2005, 06:17:32 PM »

hey your right floater there is nothing like that feeling. I will be out there alot over the next weeks I got the next four weeks off. ;D ;D ;D. I got to use up my holidays so I couldn't think of a better way to use them. Maybe I see you out there again.

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day