Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fraser August 16  (Read 4523 times)

fisher88

Fraser August 16
« on: August 16, 2005, 09:50:09 PM »

heres my first fishy report of the season. it seems that only people post when they catch something... but i, the good fisherman i am lol... decide to post even though I am still in agony over the smell of skunk.

anyways i started off near the lower upper river. upper as some people call it yet lower geography wise. got there at 4:00 fished till 7:30. Within the first half hour after 1 snag.. fishon. yet the small sockeye or pink manages to wriggle free too safety. Say at about 6 ocklock another fishon.. either a big sockeye or small spring. Get it in half way then it manages to again jump freee of the hook into the mighty fraser. Finally at 7, I hook into another sockeye i believe. get that half way again then jumps and breaks free!!! Sooo frustrating.. (my opinion legalize barbs) lol..

On a kinda disturbing note a guy beside me caught a fish. I thought it was a spring cuz he dragged it up on the beach. Then i took a look and it was a sock!!.. :o.. It was bleeding out of its mouth while on the beach.. After 1 minute he manages to unhook and place it in the water. It looks as if its dead but 2 minutes later after trying to revive it  the sock swims off. A nice sock that is probably 10 lbs.. a shiner. However he might as well have bonked the thing as i highly doubt it will make that much of a journey further upstream with all the stress it was put through.  :-\
If you aint dutch you aint much!

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
Re: Fraser August 16
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2005, 11:01:51 AM »

Catching and releasing sockeye salmon during the closure discussion has been moved to:

http://www.fishingwithrod.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=7593.0