Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Pt. Grey, August 18, and Dundarave  (Read 2227 times)

FISHIN MAGICIAN

• Shut up an' Fish
    • Ocean Adventure Center
Pt. Grey, August 18, and Dundarave
« on: August 18, 2005, 09:41:24 PM »

Ok. I'll spare everyone including all the regulars who read my reports all the details and I will post the quick and dirty. FISHING SUCKED!~

Started at 3pm on the flood at Pt. Grey....a mile of the buoy.
Fished until 650 along the 1, 2nd, and  drop off with the usual paraphenalia, 6 rods et al...etc..NO BITES NO FISH, NO CONFIRMED FISH TARGETS on the sounder.

Picked up lines, and dropped in at 710pm off West Van. Trolled the usual areas that hold fish, bottom structures/current structures. NOTHING. Fished right to the Lion's Gate. NOTHING! except for 1 spring jack...nothing notable...

Fished back to the Pink Apartments, etc...NOTHING.

there were 5 boats on the water, 3 at the Bell, 2 at West Van. We had the Bell all to ourselves  for 3 hours---fished to the QA and back..NOTHING.

no boats equals NO FISH.
NO BITES equals NO FISH.
NO SUCCESS equals NO FISH.

Spoke to industry professional that send charters out 7 days a week. No keepers for his fleet today. Heard report of 1 boat getting a Sock this morn, with a smaller fish.

FOLKS...for August 18, this is a sad indicator of the state of our resource. Fishing implies that there are fish to be caught. There are NO fish out there therefore I would suggest that our outing today was a WASTE OF TIME.

Anyone thinking of hitting the chuck this weekend? My recommendation, save your $$$, spend it on your wife, your significant other, your children, or work on your golf swing. Wait for a week for fish to show.

Personally, it is days like these that truly put it into perspective that fishing has been getting way harder over the years. THIS SUCKS!!!!!   >:(
"You go in the cage--The cage goes in the water- - Shark's in the water--Our shark-Farewell and Adieu to you fair Spanish ladies, Farewell and Adieu to you fair Spanish Ladies at Sea.." -Quint

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
Re: Pt. Grey, August 18, and Dundarave
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2005, 10:17:02 PM »

Thanks for the report but please clarify one thing. When you said save your dollars and spend it on the wife and kids didn't you mean just buy more fishing gear and don't tell the wife and kids.

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

FISHIN MAGICIAN

• Shut up an' Fish
    • Ocean Adventure Center
Re: Pt. Grey, August 18, and Dundarave
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2005, 10:33:00 PM »

no sense buying more fishing gear if there ain't no fish! :) lol..but I see your point.

;D
"You go in the cage--The cage goes in the water- - Shark's in the water--Our shark-Farewell and Adieu to you fair Spanish ladies, Farewell and Adieu to you fair Spanish Ladies at Sea.." -Quint