Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: south richmond shore fishermen August 29th  (Read 5220 times)

lowlight

Re: south richmond shore fishermen
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2005, 10:40:27 PM »

thanx...no harm, no foul.

sorry i gave you the wrong impression. already, you're talking like a seasoned pro.  before you know it, someone will be looking up to you for advice.

tight lines :)

Tell that to the fish I never catch! I've yet to catch my first salmon. EVER. Besides some sea bass and rockfish, here is the trophy of my life. An 8" rainbow trout from Lightning Lake this past summer (omg I can't believe I just referred to this summer in past tense :-[)

Supposedly these pink salmon will bite any lure around, but so far I am having none of it. :(

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
Re: south richmond shore fishermen August 29th
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2005, 10:43:56 PM »

Sorry lowlight, you'll have to find us for that one. ;)

Check out the sealices on my fish by the way...

lowlight

« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2005, 10:47:08 PM »

Yeah I noticed in the first pic that your fish was looking a little funky.

Damn guess I have to keep searching for my own elusive spot. I was in the area today, right by that packaging plant, by the off-leash park. There was a bit of an inlet where the water slowed down quite a bit. I was hoping that would entire some pinks to stop and take a break, but no go. After snagging one of my crocs, I was outta there (I had to pee anyway, and was getting hungry too)

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
  • nothing like the first bite of the season
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2005, 11:02:26 PM »

its still early in the run (pardon the pun...considering they're a little late).  check the tide tables. fish a couple of hours before the peak of high tide and a couple hours after.  i find i'm most successful during the days when there's the biggest gap between the highest to the lowest tide differential.  they don't always 'rise' or 'dolphin' to be there.  also change your retrieval speed once in a while, to give your presentation a different look or movement. it might be enough to entice a fish to bite.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2005, 11:09:41 PM »

Today's jumbo shiner perch. :o

lucky

• Old Timer
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2005, 11:09:49 PM »

We also tried around the no.3 area for a bit today, when we first arrived fish were surfacing everywhere, had a nice doe to the rocks only to loose it before the net was ready, no fish but I did manage to find a nice spoon that somebody had lost. Around 2 o clock the action seemed to die off and there was hardly a fish to be seen.

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2005, 11:21:48 PM »

Damn guess I have to keep searching for my own elusive spot. I was in the area today, right by that packaging plant, by the off-leash park. There was a bit of an inlet where the water slowed down quite a bit. I was hoping that would entire some pinks to stop and take a break, but no go. After snagging one of my crocs, I was outta there (I had to pee anyway, and was getting hungry too)

sea lice + chrome= ocean fresh. ;D

"a bit of an inlet where water slowed down quite a bit"... sounds like the beach at garry's point. or you referring to london's landing...on the pier?

anyway, just look to see where the fishermen are gathering. it'll give you an idea where to go.

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2005, 11:25:38 PM »

Today's jumbo shiner perch. :o

wow! that's huge. almost looks like a pile perch.

lowlight

« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2005, 12:45:41 AM »

sea lice + chrome= ocean fresh. ;D

"a bit of an inlet where water slowed down quite a bit"... sounds like the beach at garry's point. or you referring to london's landing...on the pier?

anyway, just look to see where the fishermen are gathering. it'll give you an idea where to go.
Nope it's quite a bit upstream from there. If you were to walk upstream from No 3 pier, you would go through the dog-of-leash park, around a fenced area (where the packing plant is). My spot was right behind the packing plant. Just before the dirty slough where all those derelict houses are.