Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fraser Sockeye  (Read 4212 times)

SockeyeJunkie

• Where's the steelhead sherpa?
Fraser Sockeye
« on: September 06, 2005, 06:22:54 PM »

Was at Peg Leg today. Good amount of sockeye this morning before the pinks arrived. Mostly sockeye landed in the morning hours and then mostly pinks later on throughout the day.

The opening notice says that sockeye is open "to Sept 7". Just to carify, does this mean up to and including Sept. 7? Seems about half of people say it is still open tomorrow and the other half say it is closed. Anyone know for sure?

FISHYtheGREAT

Re: Fraser Sockeye
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2005, 06:24:36 PM »

Tonight at midnight.

steelieman

• Fish On!!!!
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2005, 06:37:40 PM »

I am sure it mean tomorrow midnight....

BwiBwi

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2005, 06:48:28 PM »

According to
http://www.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/recfish/Freshwater/region2_e.htm

Tomorrow is inclusive in the sockeye opening.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2005, 07:22:07 PM »

1 hour after sunset tomorrow

scruffy

• Old Timer
  • fish on
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2005, 07:33:09 PM »

can't wait till this madness is all over some will stick around and fish where's most of the people will wait till the vedder starts and well GONG SHOW again but this time they have to work for their fish and most of them wont go out on a regular basis cause they can't catch fish by flossing.

BwiBwi

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2005, 10:48:21 PM »

I don't understand about these complains about Pegleg and so forth.  Don't forget Vancouver has 3 million people and thousands of fishermen, one Fraser and limited bars. It does get crowded.  Look at England, Japan, many other European and Asian countries. Shoulder to shoulder fishing environment is seen very often.

One person fishing Vancouver River left a Tim Horton cup that might not look messy but that is 100% litering. Pegleg, hundreds if not thousands of people fished there, just 10% bad apple will make the place look really ugly.  So unless you do take the time to count please don't over generalize.

steelieman

• Fish On!!!!
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2005, 11:08:26 PM »

Sockeye Sept. 1 - Sept. 7, daylight hours only
 2 per day.

Thanks

« Last Edit: September 08, 2005, 01:10:30 PM by Rodney »

BwiBwi

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2005, 04:59:04 PM »

No need to argue.

http://www.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/recfish/Freshwater/region2_e.htm

Sockeye 2 per day. Sept. 1 - Sept. 7, daylight hours only

States clearly no fishing for sockeye from Sept 8 - Oct. 7.

Today is the last day.

steelieman

• Fish On!!!!
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2005, 06:20:53 PM »

The age of how long you have fish has nothing to do with it. The reg says - " September 1st -September 7th 2005 inclusive one hour after daylight ". Its written in black and white.

I have not fish socks for a few days but I am sure most fishermen knows the closing date.

Fishythegreat, if you are right, DFO must be out there handing out tickets left right and center. Lots of money to make$$$$$$$$$

scruffy

• Old Timer
  • fish on
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2005, 06:57:11 PM »

no need to call anyone a newbie just cause their uncertain of some info

pepsitrev

• Old Timer
  • my family and fishin are #1 in my life
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2005, 10:24:21 PM »

;D well went to the peg for the last hurrahh and wow what a zoo. long liners and double dippers in amongst the sportsman. took the wifes cousin as he has never caught a sockeye before. well i tell ya what a mistake. the bugger outfished me big time.he took home is 2 sockeye and i took home a bruised ego :'( :'( :'( i did hook into a big spring and played him for a while then some beek casts over my line as im comming down river and yellin fish on.oh well it happens. glad the gong show is over for another year. time to get ready for coho and the big whites from the vedder. unless i go back to peg for some spring action. ;D ;D ;D i must say though most of the people on the river this season were polite and even helpful. think i will go back this weekend and do a garbage run seeings how much line gets left behind not to mention all the other crap form thew long wekend. tight lines and sharp hooks to all ;D ;D ;) :) ;D

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
  • nothing like the first bite of the season
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2005, 01:14:21 AM »

;D well went to the peg for the last hurrahh and wow what a zoo. long liners and double dippers in amongst the sportsman. took the wifes cousin as he has never caught a sockeye before. well i tell ya what a mistake. the bugger outfished me big time.he took home is 2 sockeye and i took home a bruised ego :'( :'( :'( i did hook into a big spring and played him for a while then some beek casts over my line as im comming down river and yellin fish on.oh well it happens. glad the gong show is over for another year. time to get ready for coho and the big whites from the vedder. unless i go back to peg for some spring action. ;D ;D ;D i must say though most of the people on the river this season were polite and even helpful. think i will go back this weekend and do a garbage run seeings how much line gets left behind not to mention all the other crap form thew long wekend. tight lines and sharp hooks to all ;D ;D ;) :) ;D

thanx for the report. i have to agree, this year the crowds were civil. although i avoided the peg i experienced the same atmosphere at the other bars.  :)

Sorsha

« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2005, 05:10:37 PM »

It always surprises me how much garbage people leave behind, if everyone just thought this one simple thought before they drop stuff on the ground the world would be a much cleaner place.  "What would I do if this was my backyard (Which in essence it is) and my mother was watching me?"    If you drop it pick it up!  I was at Peg Leg this weekend and picked up a 1/4 bag of garbage and that was just the stuff I came across in my wanderings, I didn't go out looking for it.  I shudder to think what I would get if I really hunted for it.  If I am there this weekend maybe I will get the kids to help me collect.  Make a contest of it amazing what kids will do for a small treat!  >evil laugh<  Such a manipulator I am!!!  ;D

steelieman

• Fish On!!!!
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2005, 05:51:45 PM »

Majority of people have a "ME..ME...ME" attitude only.