Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Anybody fish the salt Sat? Bell Buoy? Cap chuk? T10? Sandheads?  (Read 3907 times)

Straight Runner

Anybody fish the salt Sat? Bell Buoy? Cap chuk? T10? Sandheads?
« on: September 10, 2005, 08:03:49 PM »

Did anybody fish the salt Saturday? Bell Buoy? Out off the Cap? T10? Sandheads? Any suggestions for where might be good Sunday?

Trout Slayer

• Old Timer
Re: Anybody fish the salt Sat? Bell Buoy? Cap chuk? T10? Sandheads?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2005, 08:45:46 PM »

Heard of 2 Chinook taken off the Cap area thursday night. 15 and 18 lbs, 1 red, 1 white.

Straight Runner

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2005, 08:55:49 PM »

That's my luckiest tide for Springs - Thurs Sept 8. A couple hours after an afternoon low of 8 feet rising to a 14 high. Even better a few days after a full moon like Sept 20/21 coming up.

Do you know if they were just off the mouth Thursnight, or where Trout Slayer?

Trout Slayer

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2005, 09:05:08 PM »

Right off the mouth. Didn't get too technical as to what they got them on, but I know where. ;)

FISHIN MAGICIAN

• Shut up an' Fish
    • Ocean Adventure Center
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2005, 10:13:06 PM »

the usual spots along there I am sure.

"You go in the cage--The cage goes in the water- - Shark's in the water--Our shark-Farewell and Adieu to you fair Spanish ladies, Farewell and Adieu to you fair Spanish Ladies at Sea.." -Quint

Straight Runner

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2005, 10:34:27 PM »

ok so I got skunked again today, Sunday. Trolled T10 from about 10 till 2. A few people we asked said they had one, but I didn't see any. Then 2 till 7 we trolled from the Bell Buoy to freighters and around and back. Nothin.

FISHIN MAGICIAN

• Shut up an' Fish
    • Ocean Adventure Center
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2005, 10:51:41 PM »

I was at the bell buoy as well. had 2 on, and 2 were gone... :(

I didn't see any fish on there other than mine...did see some twits out there jigging for salmon and hooking and keeping a grilse...I am fairly certain it was not a pink or other. Call ORR and nothing happened.

How may boats were at the T10 One Dog?

"You go in the cage--The cage goes in the water- - Shark's in the water--Our shark-Farewell and Adieu to you fair Spanish ladies, Farewell and Adieu to you fair Spanish Ladies at Sea.." -Quint

blueback

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2005, 10:34:35 AM »

I fished the T-10 Sunday with a buddy (in his boat), and got a nice chrome 19lb Red Spring (1/2 way betwen T-10 and Steveston). This fish fought really hard, no deep sounding but lots of long surface runs and thrashing. No seals in sight (priceless) ;D. Got 'em at 40ft trolling a nice little apex trout lure (with the hook changed to a 3/0 Gammy) behind 4ft leader and flasher. I'll email Rodney the pic later tonight so ya'll can see the beast. Fish hit like a ton of bricks and ran like crazy. Awsome morning!

FISHIN MAGICIAN

• Shut up an' Fish
    • Ocean Adventure Center
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2005, 11:54:27 AM »

Good Stuff! Whatever rivers are producing the Red Spring Runs this year it must be a pretty good one cuz we have been hooking reds now for almost 3 weeks. Usually by now its a White Spring White Spring White Spring show all the time. Hoping that the weather and runs hang out for a while longer..I am off work in just 4 more days....4 more days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have tied up some of my MEAT HUNTING leaders with 5/0 and 6/0 hooks ready for any Spring, ANYTIME ANYWHERE and my goal is to try to break 40 lbs...and it is my intention to release that fish is I am so lucky as to find one...

I haven't fished as much this year as I would have liked..but I am going to make up for lost time...  8)

blueback

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2005, 05:29:45 PM »

OK; so I've emailed Rodney the pic of the spring and ate some of him last night, mmmmmmm'. Didn't see anyone else with anything or talk to anyone with anything either. Did see what looked like a guy playing and losing a fish, but hard to say for sure. 

Straight Runner

« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2005, 06:40:50 PM »

I was at the bell buoy as well. had 2 on, and 2 were gone... :(

I didn't see any fish on there other than mine...did see some twits out there jigging for salmon and hooking and keeping a grilse...I am fairly certain it was not a pink or other. Call ORR and nothing happened.

How may boats were at the T10 One Dog?

FM, There were about 10 boats at T10 Sunday for the 1st 2 hours we were there including a guide or two. Everybody seemed to end up way North of T10 by noon while we tried a couple miles South. By 1pm there was no one at T10, but about 6 boats were closer to the North Arm.

FISHIN MAGICIAN

• Shut up an' Fish
    • Ocean Adventure Center
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2005, 10:56:01 PM »

Thanks for that Onedog. Coming up real soon here, it's time to head down to the T10 and stake out the area for as long as the weather holds... When the whites show up down there, it'll be fish on fish on fish on....