Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Big River Need Help!!........please  (Read 2677 times)

Truecast

• I think I'm Snagged
Big River Need Help!!........please
« on: September 12, 2005, 07:47:19 PM »

Glad to hear people have been having some good outings lately on this pink run,  :D even some first timers , thats great.I wish i could say the same for myself and my wife :'(, went out and bought her an UGLY STICK and gave it to her along with the promise of many a landed fish , but so-far no luck.
  We've been going to edgewater bar at derby reach and although we've seen lots of fish it seems they're just out of reach, or just not interested ???  We've been at high tide , low tide , and everything in between but nothing to date. I figure we either need to try somewhere else or I need to track down Rod and get one of those magic lures :)
  I like Fort Langley cause it's close to home (I'm in White Rock) and usually quiet(maybe because nobody catches anything) but at this point I'm willing to drive anywhere, even at 1.16 a liter :-\
  We're going out tomorrow thinkin bout Glen valley park, does anybody fish there??

Anyhow looking for some advice. Rod's been getting them in Richmond and I've heard of lots being caught upriver , looking for somewhere in between if possible.

Even though we didn't get anything today, as we pulled into the parking lot another fisherman was packing up with a 15 - 20 lb Chinook in his bag :o  Said it was a fluke, snagged it in the mouth with his lure.Nice fish!!
As soon as I can afford to go fishing everyday, it's time to retire.

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
Re: Big River Need Help!!........please
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2005, 07:51:55 PM »

If your fishing out in the Ft.Langley area go to Duncan bar which is the best of all the bars on that side. Just follow river road east and go past Bradner road and it goes to a dead end along the river. Thats Duncan bar.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

Truecast

• I think I'm Snagged
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2005, 08:04:17 PM »

Thank You, unfortunately the bars don't show up on most maps. I'll be at Duncan tomorrow ;D
before I have to go back to work on wednesday :'(

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2005, 08:13:08 PM »

Let me know how you do. I havent been to the bar in a few days but I have had successs there and seen lots of success. Its also a good flyfishing bar.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

Truecast

• I think I'm Snagged
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2005, 08:24:47 PM »

I'll post my results tomorrow, thanks.
 I've been tying some pink streamers but haven't had a plausible opportunity to use them yet ... maybe tomorrow :D  wish me luck!!

Steeler2000

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2005, 09:42:05 PM »

Might want to save your gass as the water is quite dirty these days :P