Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Vedder - Sept 14th  (Read 2699 times)

GoldHammeredCroc

• Old Timer
Vedder - Sept 14th
« on: September 14, 2005, 07:05:09 PM »

Took a break from the lower Fraser pink-a-thon to scout out some locations on the Vedder today.  Arrived about 11 am to Keith Wilson and had a look and found a fair number of pinks holding in the pool below and downstream.  Hooked up and released a few which was good.  Saw no springs, and only one foul hooked beauty coho as well.  The pinks sure did give a great scrap but not nearly as good as they do when you hook them at the Lower Fraser reaches. 

Continued on looking around mid river and noticed that its all changed, at least from the Vedder Crossing Bridge probably to the big pool behind "On the Way".  WOW  :o.  Its gonna take a little more time to do some investigating, but not too much because the fishing is great overall.  Anyway, returned to KWB afterwards, hooked up and kept a fresh pink and called it a day.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2005, 10:36:52 PM by GoldHammeredCroc »

cohokid

• Old Timer
  • 28 landed- 11 lost
Re: Vedder - Sept 14th
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2005, 07:54:24 PM »

hey ghc were the pinks fresh or was the meat practically falling off the bone?

Floater

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2005, 08:06:27 PM »

Yah i was fishing by the railway bridge got some nice does but fishing didnt really pick up till after one just like the time i was there before pretty interesting. Some coho definetly moving in now saw some nice chromers must of been the ho`s. Still need some rain so we get some bigger numbers and more fishing locations.
[

pepsitrev

• Old Timer
  • my family and fishin are #1 in my life
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2005, 09:21:01 PM »

;D this sounds promising cohos in the vedder  yippeee

GoldHammeredCroc

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2005, 10:35:22 PM »

Pinks weren't too shabby at all.  Out of the 5 in total, I would have taken 2 (1 of which I did due to excessive mouth bleeding - must be a vital nerve in the tops of their mouth).  Both were fairly silvery but nothing like the lower reaches.  The other three were a little turned - one especially as it was a big male with a hump.  They are quite nice looking fish though in their spawning colours and very aggressive on the take.

Cheers