Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Sunday on the mystery river  (Read 2515 times)

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
Sunday on the mystery river
« on: September 14, 2005, 09:45:49 PM »

Headed out to the****** on sunday to check out a few runs that I had found earlier this year.  Was there first light and it didn't take that long before my buddy had hooked into the first coho of the year. Small and wild.  Soon after that my other buddy was into one and before he had that one in the fish pen I was into one as well.  Two hatcheries about 5 lbs each.  Not that big, but nothing to shake a stick this early in the year as well.  We had a few more hookups after that and wound up landing three jack springs.  All about 5 or 6 lbs.  Not that bad of a way to start off the season.
Later in the day we targeted some pinks, and between the 3 of us we were probably into about 30 fish in a couple hrs.  Took home one nice doe for the smoker.  She was about 6-7 lbs.  nice size for a doe pink.   Anyhow, looking forward to the weekend. Now bring on the rain!!!!! ;) ;)
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

Big Steel

• Old Timer
Re: Sunday on the mystery river
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2005, 11:02:24 PM »

OK it was the veddar but your gonna have to get out there and walk the river,  You will find the fish if you have got the patience for early season coho!!!!

Floater

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2005, 11:05:22 PM »

Must of fished near the canal didnt you?
[

Big Steel

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2005, 11:14:00 PM »

Nope!!  I would love to tell you, but then I wouldn't have the run to myself If I did now would I!! ;D ;D
 There are not alot of secret runs out there right now, I would't mind keeping this on a secret for a little while longer, hope that you understand!!!

Big Steel

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2005, 11:15:30 PM »

Also I don't like fishing the canal that much, I like finesse fishing.  The canal is to much of a snag fest for me sometimes.