Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Harrison and the vedder sept 17th  (Read 4612 times)

meca_357

Harrison and the vedder sept 17th
« on: September 17, 2005, 06:40:30 PM »

Went to the harrison this morning and checked it out.. nothing super quiet not one single fish in the area that i was at, so i decided to walk around.. saw something jump so i went towards that area but when i got there i t was little bait fish and a huge beaver flapping its tail around pretty impressive.. anyways i made the decision to head to the vedder. went to peg leg and it want as much of a gong show as i thought it was gonna be. i was flying only so i had to find some slower water and some room to cast.. first spot got one big hit but missed it by a second darn.. anywyas buddy beside me hooks a fish with his 65 ft leader snagged in the fin and kept it i said wtf u think ur doing buddy and he claimed it wasnt foul hooked, got pretty pissed off cus after a dying male floats by his feet and he just kicks it back into the river couldnt take it anymore so i left the spot.. went higher up to the slower water there was a bunch of humpies showing but they all looked in spawning mode, there was about 5 of us flying next to each other 2 guys on my left kept catching them most of them snagged (the humpies were chillen right infrnt of them and no matter how they drifted their flies they would get one on) however one of the dudes managed to hooked a decent doe which he kept and a semi decent male as well kept... hmm i didnt get any hits there or anything kinda a off day for moi so i decided to call it a day.. then as im walking down back t my car some dude hooks a nice silver fish comes to my mind lucky guy hooked the only silver pink left here.. nah it was a coho the dude lands it pops the hook out and kicks it in the river :-X... a) is this a new method of releasing fish cus every single bb there was kicking fish back in...  b) are ppl really obssessed with smoking humpie boots cus some ppl just kept the ugliest and darkest fish i couldnt believe it... all the fish were all pretty developed already if i was to catch any of the ones i say being kept i would of released them right away and let them be.. anywyas that my opinion... too many bb'sers there kinda  a pitty sight (im not starting a bb argument so eff off anybody thats about to resppond to that) but apart from all the drama good to get out there, prolly gonna head out again next week again and hopfeully some cohos will be showing by then

BIG T

• Old Timer
  • One crazy fisherman!!!!!!!!!
Re: Harrison and the vedder sept 17th
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2005, 06:48:35 PM »

hi meca_357,did you actually fish at the vedder or peg leg area???

meca_357

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2005, 06:51:50 PM »

peg leg.. i was gonna hit the vedder but too clear and low...

meca_357

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2005, 07:11:43 PM »

Yeah the guy that snagged and kept, his leader not gonna lie to you was about +/- 17 ft... i couldnt believe it

scruffy

• Old Timer
  • fish on
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2005, 08:02:55 PM »

is it still a gong show out at peg

pepsitrev

• Old Timer
  • my family and fishin are #1 in my life
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2005, 08:07:53 PM »

should be alot quieter now :o

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2005, 08:14:04 PM »

I was there with 6 other people. We were cleaning all the garbage, and we were barfishing as well. It was a gong show. Atleast 100 people. We picked up a TON of fishing line not too mention all the hooks as well. We saved 2 sockeye from being bonked, caught one person bonk a sockeye ( he got his picture taken from us with the sockeye in hand as well as his vehicle and licence plate number, and a call to DFO ) Saw numerous people bonking humped out males, kicking snagged fish in the river, littering etc etc... Saw some guys kid bonking pinks using an axe ( not the sharp side but it was still an axe!! ) I have to give the kid some credit as he did know what a sockeye was and his dad didnt......

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

Truecast

• I think I'm Snagged
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2005, 08:57:05 PM »

I would like to go fishing up that way (usually stick to the lower Fraser) but avoid it because of people like that. Spent a little time at Stave last year and was horrified by what I saw.

I'm fortunate to have weekdays off, is it any better when the weekend slobs go back to work????
Or any other times for that matter when the fish are running????
As soon as I can afford to go fishing everyday, it's time to retire.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2005, 09:06:53 PM »

Truecast, despite what some may want you to believe, fishing in the Fraser Valley can be peaceful, relaxing and productive. The key is to spend some time exploring new waters, and keep yourself away from the crowd as much as possible.

Truecast

• I think I'm Snagged
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2005, 09:23:29 PM »

Yeah your right Rod. Can't let the bastards bring ya down eh!! ;)

I do need to get up there and go exploring though. I don't mind a hike and I'm sure there are lots of quiet spots.

Anyhow , taking the wife and kid out to either Duncan or Glen Valley Park tommorrow...maybe both.Wish us luck :)
As soon as I can afford to go fishing everyday, it's time to retire.

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2005, 10:10:48 PM »

Maybe so Rod. If it was not for people like us today cleaning these places could you imagine what they would look like? I mainly fish the Fraser Vallley as I live in Maple Ridge, where it is more peaceful than places like Vancouver,Richmond or Surrey. This is where my wife and I decided to raise our family. Away from the heavy populated areas where their are more influences and crime. We have lakes,rivers,streams,mountains and wildlife basically in our backyard. You dont have that in the above mentioned places. The Fraser Valley holds some of the best fishing opportunities this province has to offer. Its all about exploring and finding them for yourself.

Belong to the "4 F Club"

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
  • nothing like the first bite of the season
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2005, 12:04:36 AM »

ya i'm amazed at how ignorant some people are. poor fishing etiquette, lack of knowledge towards fish species, and most of all the lack of respect for the environment. no excuses for it, none whatso ever. :-X

BwiBwi

• Old Timer
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2005, 12:10:29 AM »

Good thing its only a few now. Better correct them before more people think its alright. Like yesterday I was by Vedder saw a guy float fishing for coho caught a NPM and was really ticked, he sweared bang the fish on rock and through it back into water.

Guess everywhere, fishing attitude is degrading.

Floater

• Old Timer
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2005, 01:32:40 AM »

Yeah the guy that snagged and kept, his leader not gonna lie to you was about +/- 17 ft... i couldnt believe it
Vedder isant too clear and low!!! there are hella coho lower rive just gotta fish very early around 5 i hear, someone i know who lives in chilliwack and fishes the river everyday has 15 coho in the freezer already. ::)
[

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2005, 07:33:54 AM »

Floater please use spell check. Also try and form proper sentences. Not trying to come down on you but you are old enough to know how to do this. Just don't rush things.

Belong to the "4 F Club"