Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Crazy Fishing Report...Ambleside...Sept. 19/20  (Read 3051 times)

FISHIN MAGICIAN

• Shut up an' Fish
    • Ocean Adventure Center
Crazy Fishing Report...Ambleside...Sept. 19/20
« on: September 20, 2005, 09:53:09 AM »

Hi Guys.

I was fishing the T10 last night and you can read up on that report, but I just heard a report that it was majorly on last night off Ambleside..and when I say ON, I mean like, drop everything, get your boat in the water-get over there NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Speaking of that, I am going fising there today Sept. 20.

Report I heard was springs galore...
"You go in the cage--The cage goes in the water- - Shark's in the water--Our shark-Farewell and Adieu to you fair Spanish ladies, Farewell and Adieu to you fair Spanish Ladies at Sea.." -Quint

JustinG

Re: Crazy Fishing Report...Ambleside...Sept. 19/20
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2005, 12:51:10 PM »

Arrrggghhhh!!! I left the boat in storage out in the valley...
Please post how you did...I may have to make a trip out to get it!

*Lil Fisherman*

• Old Timer
  • I.AM proud to be a canadian fisherman!!
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2005, 04:14:46 PM »

are most people using bait or lures?

FISHIN MAGICIAN

• Shut up an' Fish
    • Ocean Adventure Center
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2005, 06:42:28 PM »

Ok guys.

Just off the water.

Fished from 1030 am to 5 pm.

My results: 1 18 lb Red Chinook. 1 other spring lost behind the boat.

Results observed of other anglers: 3 other springs. 2 of which belonged to guide boats.

We got started and the tide was ebbing, the water was flat. Nice trolling except for against the tide.

Then the mess started..the wind started coming out of the Northwest at a swift 10 to 15 knots. Then it picked up...got going about 20 knots with gusts up to 25...and it made for some fun, a flooding tide, and  by this time...30 boats..all fishing the area hard. Wow, combat fishing at it's finest with everyone determined to fish in the hook up zone. Not so fun all things considered.

What's the scoop? BAIT. I got mine on bait--herring. Other guide boats were fishing bait as known by me. BAIT...get your anchovies folks...GET YOUR ANCHOVIES! One other fish taken was on herring too, I was right beside him to witness him land it.

We called it a day a bit early as the wind was kinda dying down, and the tide was flooding, which basically said we should have stayed out but I have other plans for tonight, and I have to guide tomorrow morning to help out one of my buddies who owns a local charter firm.

And the verdict is.....there are fish there, just make sure you have a peek and see EXACTLY how people are trolling the area, troll the area in an EAST WEST fashion, and DO NOT TROLL NORTH SOUTH or cut other boats off. NOT COOL!

<edited> Mod: Your frustration is understood, but please don't use the board as a tool to publicly banish others, especially with your choice of words.

Tight lines everyone.

« Last Edit: September 20, 2005, 06:47:04 PM by Rodney »
"You go in the cage--The cage goes in the water- - Shark's in the water--Our shark-Farewell and Adieu to you fair Spanish ladies, Farewell and Adieu to you fair Spanish Ladies at Sea.." -Quint

canoeboy

• row row row my boat
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2005, 06:58:07 PM »

where is ambleside f/m.
wow an 18 pounder it must have put up an awesome fight

keep fishing every one

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2005, 07:22:19 PM »

where is ambleside f/m.
wow an 18 pounder it must have put up an awesome fight

keep fishing every one

Just west of the Lions Gate Bridge.

FISHIN MAGICIAN

• Shut up an' Fish
    • Ocean Adventure Center
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2005, 10:45:35 PM »

Let me revise my statement about the "people" fishing Ambleside in that boat. In that event, my advise would be to people considering fishing West Vancouver from a boat with SALMON as a target species, please take a moment to review the larger boats fishing the area, notably everything over 22 feet, and see what they are doing before "jumping on in" so to speak, hoping to hook a fish.

As is the case over there, usually 2 boats of the whole fleet outfish the rest of the fleet, and for very good reason.

As for the reasons why one should fish Ambleside, I guess you could say that if you are paying attention and interested in catching a fish, with some persistence, ability, and commitment, there will be a few fish available to catch off Ambleside.

nuff said.

As for the T10, no one would have been fishing that area today.