Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Oct 1 ,,Chiliwack R.  (Read 6724 times)

pawnbroker

Oct 1 ,,Chiliwack R.
« on: October 01, 2005, 10:32:18 PM »

well..time to head out for the evening bite right..i did..however when i arrived at the spot where i was going to fish there was a young couple snagging pinks and keeping them,,so i told them that if they wanted to continue to fish for pinks they should go below the vedder bridge to keep them..and the ones they kept were big pie plates..(ewww) well, back to my little story..in short fishing was slow there were plenty of springs rolling around and i saw a few coho aswell however, only one small coho decide to eat my roe and he spit the hook at the beach!..so i went farther up the river and went to a spot where i now coho swim by the last hour of light... i walked out put some roe on and proceeded to catch nothing..just at dusk i heard a car pulling up to where i was parked and then i heard a door shut about 2 minutes later..not only did i watch him driving away the car made an unmistakeable sound cause he had one of those mufflers on it that make them loud!  5 minutes later i got back to my truck and the passenger door was open and the back of my Ford Explorer was open to..Oh No..you see, i was just out doing a little bowhunting before i was going to fish! Why? on friday i saw 2 real nice bucks in this little spot where i hunt so i decided to see if they were hanging around in that area.(they weren't) so i quickly looked in and saw my bow was gone and all my gear too..so i burned as fast as i could to the vedder crossing bridge and passed at least a half dozen cars..i stopped each one to see if they were the sleezball that broke my door and stole my stuff..no luck! my bow is gone and a few knives one wich was irreplaceable,,in total that thief made out with more than $1500 worth of MY GEAR!..and i was only ear shot from my truck..shoulda went up when i heard the car stop! shoulda! but didn't..my own fault..even though my bow was hidden inside a box under some blankets and stuff it was still taken..i feel so violated! my whole season gone down the drain cause of this little punk! so all beware of of the loud car! if anyone has any information or hears of anyone trying to sell a bow please let me know! my bow is a martin fury with new elite limbs, 3 pin sidewinder sights,limbsavers,and a quiver with 5575 gold tip hunter arrows with 2 grey 1 green flights.and spitfire 100 grain mechanical broadheads..1 arrow in the quiver has 2 grey and 1 orange flight with a grimreaper mechanical broadhead on it..please help, keep your eyes and ears open!,,u can emal me at dayll@shaw.ca

kellya

• Old Timer
  • I'm a llama!
Re: Oct 1 ,,Chiliwack R.
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2005, 10:37:12 PM »

IDIOTS! Does insurance cover it ???

Youngin

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2005, 10:38:06 PM »

I'll try to watch out for it, that really sucks, at lickman rd park you can see a bunch of glass in the parking area.. lots of break ins happen.. I think at places like these there should be cameras placed on top of the trees looking down at the lot

pawnbroker

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2005, 10:45:42 PM »

the real bad news is i dont have insurance,,i just moved,,and didnt get it yet..and i cannot afford to replace any of it..long story...

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2005, 10:46:05 PM »

Damn lowlifes. >:(

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
  • nothing like the first bite of the season
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2005, 11:38:56 PM »

sorry for your loss. :'(

hope those sons of bitches burn in hell. >:(

not to give away your spot, but were you parked in the open or where you secluded?
pretty ballsy that someone would break into your car out in plain view. what more can you do to protect yourself? ???

pawnbroker

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2005, 12:00:06 AM »

from where i was standing i could not see my truck, however the road goes right beside the river about 200 yards downstream and thats when i saw the car, although i could not tell the make, and to make things worse is a truck drove by him when he was in my truck.so someone saw..and i know the car, we chased for an hour last year after he tried to break in to my friends truck when we were at allison pool and his alarm went off , we were maybe 20 yards from the truck,he gave us the slip in the indian reserve up from the vedder crossing on the sweltzer creek side...DAMN! i will catch him one of these days,,trust me, his days of breaking into vehicles are now numbered that he made the mistake of breaking in to mine!

Floater

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2005, 12:46:08 AM »

Wow thats like taking your man hood from you sorry to hear that. One thing im intrested in is how did you manage to get a dozen cars to stop near the crossing bridge. :o
[

BwiBwi

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2005, 12:50:19 AM »

Did you remember to report to police? They might not catch him but if enough people reports they will drum up the patrol in the area.
But at the mean time, be on the lookout.
By the way what can you tell us about the car other then its load?

pawnbroker

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2005, 02:43:51 AM »

i cant say much about the car..only i will know it when i see it..
how did i get those cars to stop, well, they had no choice!! i was blocking the road at the stop sign! and i went from car to car telling the people what happened! and they were all real good people and said that they understand and dont blame me for stopping them..

scruffy

• Old Timer
  • fish on
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2005, 08:25:45 AM »

sorry to hear that about your gear those bastards they hit up on guys when their trying to relax,i had my truck broken into last year as well, they took all of my stuff as well, now i always bring my dog and he always naps in the truck with the windows open of course,as this year i left my windows down and someone tried to  reach in and take my deck already but when they seen the dog i think they thought twice.

catfish

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2005, 02:12:20 PM »

Sorry to hear about your loss.

Many times I see broken glass on the ground at various fishing spots and after fishing when I return to my car I always wonder if I've been hit. So far I've been lucky...
These people feed on us fishermen who are just trying to enjoy the outdoors. It makes me mad  >:( to read or hear some one being victimized by these punks. I'm fishing the area mid week and I'll be on the look out.

Chin up buddy...catfish

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2005, 02:45:56 PM »

Sorry to here that pawnbroker >:( >:(  I know how you feel though.  I had my favorite rod and reel swiped last year at Wilson rd.  A Talon lt2 custom and a Quantum Cabo pt reel.  That was $800 that I couldn't afford to replace.  Was the best rod that I ever had :'( :'( I didn't know what I was going to do about it!!!!  I asked everywhere I went if anyone had seen it, It was a one of a kind.  But I have never seen it again, never will.  So when I hear things like that it makes me very angry!!!  I hope that you have better luck then I do in the recovery of your gear.
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

marmot

• Old Timer
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2005, 02:53:30 PM »

Sorry to hear about that.  I've heard countless stories of breakins along the river though....the only thing that will stop these guys from coming and breaking into your cars is if its no longer worth it for them.  You can beat their asses, cut off fingers, whatever, its not going to stop anything unless you just use your head and dont leave your belongings in your car....the cycle just goes on and on and on.  Sorry for your loss, its too bad we have to modify our behavior because of a few dirtbags. >:(

redtide

• Old Timer
  • catch anything?
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2005, 05:59:13 PM »

that really sucks man. and it happens to us every year. like you said one day these punks are gonna make a mistake and its game over. maybe if you post on all the forums out there and call all the pawn shops in chilliwack and abbotsford with the description they will be on the lookout as well. a large dog also helps breakins!!