Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Vedder Oct. 7th  (Read 2797 times)

bruce

Vedder Oct. 7th
« on: October 07, 2005, 10:05:36 PM »

Two things I want to say, one is interesting,

we three people hooked a fish and played with it in turn for 45 MINUTES, this fish just stayed in the fast current, not up or down, if we try to drag it to the shore, it would jump, because the leader is only 15 lbs test, so we don't want to break the leader, we decide to wait for it gets tired, but after 45 minutes, it still stayed there like 45 minutes ago, a lady who walked down the trial saw we hooked the fish, when they returned, she was surprised at we were still playing with it so she said "see you tommorroy" . Finally we decide to drag it to the rocky shore, and it was gone, the hook was straight.

Another thing is bad, we put all of our three bags on the road side when we were fishing, at 3:00 pm, my five-year-old son told me a guy riding a bike took one of our bag away. that is one of my friend's bag, he has backup shimano 400 reel in his bag, finally a people told us he had saw a bag on roadside 1000m away from where we fishing, when we found the bag, the reel is missing

Floater

• Old Timer
Re: Vedder Oct. 7th
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2005, 10:10:17 PM »

Two things I want to say, one is interesting,

we three people hooked a fish and played with it in turn for 45 MINUTES, this fish just stayed in the fast current, not up or down, if we try to drag it to the shore, it would jump, because the leader is only 15 lbs test, so we don't want to break the leader, we decide to wait for it gets tired, but after 45 minutes, it still stayed there like 45 minutes ago, a lady who walked down the trial saw we hooked the fish, when they returned, she was surprised at we were still playing with it so she said "see you tommorroy" . Finally we decide to drag it to the rocky shore, and it was gone, the hook was straight.

Another thing is bad, we put all of our three bags on the road side when we were fishing, at 3:00 pm, my five-year-old son told me a guy riding a bike took one of our bag away. that is one of my friend's bag, he has backup shimano 400 reel in his bag, finally a people told us he had saw a bag on roadside 1000m away from where we fishing, when we found the bag, the reel is missing
Are you sure it wasant one of them big rocks that moves? ::)
[

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2005, 10:19:26 PM »

When that happens, the chinook is most likely foul hooked. If the fish is hooked in the mouth, you can at least turn it a few times. 45 minutes is a long time, which could have been used to catch more fish. Best thing to do in this case would just be straighten your rod and break it off, which would save the energy of the angler and the fish.

Too bad about the stolen reel. Always keep your belongings next to you. Most of the time I even want to have my car within my sight when I fish there.

Floater

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2005, 10:31:23 PM »

When that happens, the chinook is most likely foul hooked. If the fish is hooked in the mouth, you can at least turn it a few times.
Yah i noticed that when i hooked the first spring this year i thought it was a pink at first it was so easy to control it untill i got mad. :P I hate when you foul hook a pink cuz of their mass numbers and those humps! the fight alone is so annoying the twiching pulls on your rod and just dosent feel fun.
[

bentrod

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2005, 01:51:50 AM »

speaking of pinks, are they all spawned out and nasty yet.  That's the worst, snagging a pink that's minutes before death with nasty scales.  I don't even want to touch it with my pliars. 

Youngin

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2005, 05:43:54 AM »

your makin the fish cry!