Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: My first coho for the new season but...... October 8th  (Read 2607 times)

steelieman

• Fish On!!!!
My first coho for the new season but...... October 8th
« on: October 08, 2005, 05:18:20 PM »

Got to our spot today at around 7:00 a.m as it seem from fishing the last few days, the bite doesn't come on until around 9:00a.m

Brought my son with me this time but he was quick to decide that he need some "ZZZZ" in the truck. So much for father-son talking day. I walked him back to the truck just in case he falls down crossing the river. When I walked down to go back to our fishing spot, I decided to fish a few minutes from shore. I walked to the left and found a deeper pool and on my first cast the float went down. During the play, it was showing flashes of chromeness but after landing, it was a spring jack which I let go.

After trying for another 10 minutes, I decided to walk back to our original spot as I can see fish starting to surface and the time was getting closer to 9:00a.m. My buddy got into a spring jack and he decided to keep it. 15 minutes later, I hooked a beauty that starting to jump and instinctively, I can tell that this was no spring jack. It darted in and out and did a few more jumps and after landing this 8lb beautiful doe, I realized that it has an extra protrusion on its back. Well, thats my story of today...my first wild coho for the season.

I connected with another chrome fish but somehow the hook came off after a few minutes. Water is just in perfect condition today.

Rod, my buddy had to leave early so I did not make it over to Fred. Can you PM me so that I can arrange to pick up 2 tickets from you.

« Last Edit: October 12, 2005, 02:02:11 AM by Rodney »

BIG T

• Old Timer
  • One crazy fisherman!!!!!!!!!
Re: My first coho for the new season but......
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2005, 06:03:33 PM »

Congrat to you on your first coho steelieman,your second coho will arrived very soon ;)tight line

bentrod

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2005, 07:10:46 PM »

Good job stellie man, save some fish for me. 

pepsitrev

• Old Timer
  • my family and fishin are #1 in my life
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2005, 09:33:51 PM »

:'( :'( im still looking for my first :'( :'(