Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: DNE Hooks  (Read 7652 times)

Gooey

• Old Timer
Re: DNE Hooks
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2005, 05:02:19 PM »

I find eagle claw hook are too heavy a gauge of wire...the heavier the gauge the harder it is to get them to penetrate and I dont find they are very sharp to start out with.

I chinced out and bought Visons for a season....found they had poor quality control but a new pristine hook was comparable to gami (sharpness and strength).

I got 5 buds got together and we bought 4000 gamis and got them for dirt cheap so its obvious what I fish now!

shrek

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2005, 07:33:02 PM »

I like vision great price point.  Also I think they are a step between eagle claw and gammy.  But then again I alsouse mustad great hooks.  Got a huge amount at wally world 75 cents a pack

FishiN AddicT

• WHY CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG!!!
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2005, 10:37:33 PM »

I was given a couple samples of DNE size 6 hooks from "Gone Fishin" store.  They're razor sharp and are comparable to gammies, but are cheaper in price.  I believe Rob said it was $2.79 for a pack of 8?  Don't quote me on that tho.  I'll be using it tomorrow and hopefully hook on a fish so i can see how good they really are  :)

Steelhawk

• Old Timer
  • Fish In Peace !
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2005, 01:28:02 PM »

So is DNE comparable to Vision in price?  The smaller size Visions (size 1 & down) are quite good hooks, sharp and with strong shank. Perhaps I luck out in the batch I bought (500/box).  I have Gammies for larger sizes, 2/o & up for the big gooey bobs (size 5)  that I use for steelies in rapids. They are all good hooks.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2005, 01:37:19 PM by funfish »

cohokid

• Old Timer
  • 28 landed- 11 lost
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2005, 04:36:46 PM »

WOW 400 Gammys I go through probably 150 hooks a year.Except this year it may go up because of the day on the cap with coho kid. ;D

yeah haha what did u lose like 30 gammys, i like visons size 1s for coho/steel and freds hooks size 1s as well.

DionJL

• Old Timer
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2005, 04:41:19 PM »

landed my first coho of the year on a DNE sz1. DNE are the same price as gammis for a pack. but  i think you get 2 more hooks.

phatwop

« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2005, 08:16:59 PM »

is there a website where people can take a boo at these hooks? where are they made?
thanks.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2005, 08:27:41 PM »

Don't have their website, but here's their email address: dnefishingtackle@yahoo.ca. Email them your questions