Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Guy almost drowned at Inch Creek  (Read 2455 times)

steelieman

• Fish On!!!!
Guy almost drowned at Inch Creek
« on: November 16, 2005, 10:34:54 PM »

Got a call from a friend that fished Inck Creek yesterday( November 15th ) afternoon. The guy was on the rock side above the railroad crossing. He was wearing neoprene and when he fell in, he had a hard time getting up. Luckily the water was fairly low otherwise it would have turned into a tragedy.

Be careful out there guys!!!

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
Re: Guy almost drowned at Inch Creek
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2005, 10:37:40 PM »

That's one of the reason why I wear hip waders when I'm fishing rivers. Forces me to resist the urge to take the one extra step. I almost drown when I was 18 and I don't want people experience what I went through. Be safe out there !

newsman

• Old Timer
  • Dude what's a llama?
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2005, 06:56:53 PM »

Happens at many locations each years because next to nobody teaches water saftey. I devote part of my fly fishing classes to it. Here's the short vertion WARE A PFD AND BELT AROUND YOUR WADERS. Rock and logs on the bottom often move when stepped on, always make sure you footing is solid. There is quicksand is many locations be aware of this fact and know what to do when you encounter it. Use a wading staff. Facter in tides so you don't get stuck on an island in mid river. Lastly "NEVER OVER ESTIMATE YOUR ABILITY TO WARE A SECTION OF WATER and NEVER UNDER ESTIMATE THE FORCE OF THE WATER YOU ARE WADING.
Till the next time, "keep your fly in the water!"

stinkytroutboy

• stinkytroutboy
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2005, 07:01:20 PM »

I had the same sorta thing happen to me when i was with my uncle linus the mans 65.. he was standing on a rock slipped linus didnt now what happend feel sorry for the old guy
crab cakes