Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Friday at the chehalis  (Read 4071 times)

golfnut23

• fins and skins!
Friday at the chehalis
« on: November 18, 2005, 06:24:44 PM »

it was a very quiet day on the river, really nice weather but absolutly no water,  forget about fishing anywere near, around, up, or down the hatchery, there is only a few fishable bits of water with no cohos to be seen, but im shure the snaggers will be out therer in full force this weekend.......................i wonder if the vedder still has a few hatchery ho's left to be caught. ???
My hands smell like fish again.............

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
Re: Friday at the chehalis
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2005, 06:28:20 PM »

The vedder does if you know where to look!!!!! ;) ;)
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

Green Horn

• beat the water..til the fish crawl out to ya!!
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2005, 06:29:22 PM »

start....by looking in the wet stuff?
The Green Horn

BwiBwi

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2005, 06:30:33 PM »

Well water level as Chehalis has droped by .5 meter and discharge rate is approx. 1/8 compared to last Fri.

stinkytroutboy

• stinkytroutboy
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2005, 06:59:50 PM »

holy smokes.. thats no good i was planning on heading out there this weekend with uncle linus ..
crab cakes

CohoOn!

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2005, 07:22:39 PM »

Was also at the river today and came back with 3 beauty Coho  ;D and lost about 6 others. Also brought one wild to shore. Only place you'll find them is pooled up somewhere now and forget the hatch run.  :P They're hidding under fallen trees etc. All caught on large #5 & 6 blue foxes silver or gold. Walmart has had a promo on them for $1.97 each might still find some of the promo ones. Didn't hit any chum using the foxes. Bring your spinning reel and shorter rod. About 60% still look chrome, 30% somewhat colored and 10% tomato. If someone explains how to post the pics I'll be happy to put them up. Go get em' guys and gals.
Tight lines!     
Long May Yer Big Jib Draw!

Floater

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2005, 07:40:06 PM »

The vedder does if you know where to look!!!!! ;) ;)
So no point asking big steel. ;D
[

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2005, 07:46:15 PM »

You could ask, the season is almost over anyways!!!!!! ;D ;D
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

cohokid

• Old Timer
  • 28 landed- 11 lost
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2005, 08:13:31 PM »

[qoute]Was also at the river today and came back with 3 beauty Coho   and lost about 6 others. Also brought one wild to shore. Only place you'll find them is pooled up somewhere now and forget the hatch run.   They're hidding under fallen trees etc. All caught on large #5 & 6 blue foxes silver or gold. Walmart has had a promo on them for $1.97 each might still find some of the promo ones. Didn't hit any chum using the foxes. Bring your spinning reel and shorter rod. About 60% still look chrome, 30% somewhat colored and 10% tomato. If someone explains how to post the pics I'll be happy to put them up. Go get em' guys and gals.
Tight lines!

to post pics send em to rodney.

stinkytroutboy

• stinkytroutboy
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2005, 10:24:35 PM »

you were useing bluefoxes at the chehalis
crab cakes

golfnut23

• fins and skins!
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2005, 11:09:39 AM »

nine coho hmmmm......................... ::)
My hands smell like fish again.............

marmot

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2005, 01:35:48 PM »

I was there too ....checked out a few places.  Hatch run was low water chumfest, tried lower down and only had one follower, the rest were disinterested...i think theyve probably seen it all in the past few days with no rain....probably a little sketchy now.  CohoOn I was using same stuff you were... i dont know how you managed to pull out 3 and have 6 on!! Good work..9 coho is more than most of us have seen all year.

CohoOn!

« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2005, 02:11:44 PM »

Just past on the photo to Rodney. As you can see was a little dark out by time I cleaned them. When the bite is on the guts can wait. I had the exact same day just a few days prior. Not yarnin you either guys(what good would it do seeing as I haven't met any of you anyway?). They're still there and in great shape as you can see just have to be where they're held up and a the right time. Once they're spooked they shut down. First 15 minutes of walking up on them is when you have your chance. After catching/ loosing a couple they get lock jaw. They're sight is so sensitive I'm actually thinking of going with camouflage jacket and hat next time and spray painting my bright red spinning rod some camouflage colors!! ;) Approach your spots with good potential very slowly it's fast movements they pick up on. Also try and cast your lure well above where they are as the splash of your lure hitting the water is enough to to shut 'em down. Hope you guys have a great & safe weekend and enjoy the sunshine! 8) Please everyone take a read of some important thinks to remember that I put in a recent General Discussion topic titled "Bushwhacking: Lost,Cold & Getting Dark!".
All the best!
Long May Yer Big Jib Draw!