Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Chehalis Nov19/05  (Read 2447 times)

dnibbles

Chehalis Nov19/05
« on: November 20, 2005, 10:22:12 AM »

Well, slept in a bit, so I didn't get to fish first light, but tried anyways. Walked way down from the hatchery into the jungle where I hooked a couple coho on Tuesday. No coho seen in upper section, fished some blades and Jensens in some backwaters off the mainstem  with no luck, and then kept walking down the back channel. Walked all the way to the bottom, a few km, there's several bears working that area, a guy that was down there before me bumped into one, and he was spooked so he got the hell out. Me being smart figured that a bear down there meant no people, so untouched coho hopefully. Found one nice pool that had about 10 coho schooled up, but man are they getting lockjawed. Couldn't entice a bite out of any of them using both flashy gear and small naturals. Maybe a bump of water would spread out these stale fish, they were much less aggressive than a few days earlier. Anyways, be smart down there, make a bit of noise, the bears will be more scared of you than you are of them........bear spray couldn't hurt either.