Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Chehalis: Nov. 26th Still Numerous Chromers to be Had.  (Read 3837 times)

CohoOn!

Chehalis: Nov. 26th Still Numerous Chromers to be Had.
« on: November 26, 2005, 07:14:36 PM »

Just a quick report for those considering heading up tomorrow. Headed up kinda late today and caught two colored up coho that I released and the two chromers I hooked were fowl hooked unfortunately so back they went as well. In the pools saw 30% still chrome, 20% slightly colored and the remainder are throw backs. Actually saw more coho today than over the past week even though they seemed to have lock jaw after my first hour of action between 11 and 12. Think the bit of rain has brought a few new ones up. If you're not willing to hike to the slow water in the canyon or down from the hatch I'm guessing they're hard to find in the fast. They seemed really spooked today and many were gone the first glimpse of my Blue Foxes! Lost my last yellow blue fox last trip up and didn't have them to try today but plan on bringing my tube up next time and getting some back. I think I counted 8 snagged in the bushes across the channel.
Good luck if you're heading up!

Long May Yer Big Jib Draw!

cohokid

• Old Timer
  • 28 landed- 11 lost
Re: Chehalis: Nov. 26th Still Numerous Chromers to be Had.
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2005, 11:34:21 AM »

hahaha ;)

golfnut23

• fins and skins!
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2005, 12:48:40 AM »

good report, nice to see your still catching coho's and there is some chrome ones out there. bonk what ever you want to bonk as long as you eat it up. Ive seen many people keeping stinking ugly half dead chums, that coho would be like gold to them. :P
« Last Edit: November 28, 2005, 07:57:44 AM by DragonSpeed »
My hands smell like fish again.............

marmot

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2005, 11:59:22 AM »

hahah i bet those were mine!  Im positive now we are fishing the same pool on different days :D

marmot

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2005, 11:59:56 AM »

And the cohos are more like silver, not gold ;)

CohoOn!

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2005, 12:46:11 AM »

Actually Marmot I'm pretty sure it isn't the same pool as i've been up there almost every second day the past two weeks and seen no one and no tracks other than mine and the bears the whole time!
Long May Yer Big Jib Draw!

marmot

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2005, 02:56:26 PM »

i havent been there since about two weeks ago though....:D and ya, lots of bear sign there.  When I was there there were only two other guys that walked by as well.  If it is or isnt doesnt really matter...all i know is that its a good spot :D