Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which political party do you believe would be better for fishery as a whole?

Liberal
- 9 (16.7%)
Conservatives
- 21 (38.9%)
NDP
- 8 (14.8%)
other
- 16 (29.6%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Author Topic: Which party is better for fishery?  (Read 26031 times)

BwiBwi

• Old Timer
Which party is better for fishery?
« on: December 05, 2005, 12:20:04 AM »

What made you pick your party of choice?

BwiBwi

• Old Timer
Re: Which party is better for fishery?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2005, 12:23:57 AM »

Personally I do believe THIS time conservative party would do a better job than that of the Liberals. Since it is one of the hot issue, and Convervatives want to make sure they will stay in power (if not from minority to majority or stay as majority) they will try to satisfy the general public concern.

Because of this we WILL NEED to let the general public know that FN in the lower mainland is not what they claim to be - Nature Loving People. Instead they bread DFO regulations, and exploit the resource, and the voice has to be LOAD and CLEAR.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2005, 12:34:22 AM »

As much as I like fishing, I'm not going to vote for a party strictly on their policy on fisheries management. There are other issues like health care, economy, trust etc. I'll vote for the party which best meets my needs. Put me down as undecided.

BwiBwi

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2005, 12:36:03 AM »

True, but this poll is meant for just on fishery issue. Not as a whole. Because if taking everything into consideration, I'm undecided too.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2005, 02:19:44 AM by BwiBwi »

allwaysfishin

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2005, 09:32:01 AM »

the liberals have BETRAYED the trust of this country.... blatantly.... they are responsible for many cuurent west and east coast fishery cluster flucks. Thier current mandate regarding FN is what is tying the hands of DFO, take away thier budget and handcuff them. I will not support ANY liberal government and shame on those that do.

the NDP is way too wishy washy and thier ideas on what to do with junkies addicts and homeless both those that can't work and the tonne of em who can, relaxed attitude towards crimminals both serious adult and juvenile, oh and did i mention...... they wanna allow a KNOWN FELON and gay rights activist to come back to the political environment (the dishonorable thief svend robinson0. Give your head a solid shaking if you wanna vote for those morons.

I see the conservatives as the lesser of the evils. They support the average canadian, have a desire to see canada as the constitution describes it, PROMISING to scrap the long gun registry, while not adequate they are promising to reduce the gst....... I dunno, i've heard enough, they have my 100% support. B.C. needs a party like this for a change,we've had the other two clown shows run things for long enough.
help save canada...... vote conservative.... especially if you are a hunter or firearms owner

Sandhead

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2005, 01:06:49 PM »

hmm lets see,

Is the economy roaring? Yes

If the economy is doing well, am I more likely to have a job? Yes

If I have a job, can I afford gas and supplies to go fishing? Yes

Hmm doesn't seem the liberals are doing that bad of a job to me......

Beware, if the conservatives get elected as I'm sure the conservatives will "fix" the economy just like the did last time they were in power....
« Last Edit: December 05, 2005, 04:05:57 PM by Sandhead »
Ain't no HO like a COHO

marmot

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2005, 01:17:10 PM »

If it was strictly to protect the fish (not fisheries necessarily....) I'd vote green.  But like FA, thats a stupid reason to place your vote with one party or another.

Sandy

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2005, 05:01:41 PM »

yet to hear from any of the parties regarding conservation of the native fish species,
 has anyone had any responces to their concernes?
until the politics are taken out of DFO's mandate ,goverment will be unable to make/change policy in a fair manner
I would like to hear from one or all of the parties that they are going to mandate an independant study based on the science and make public their recomendations. Goverment should then if required change policy.
finding your limits is fun, it can also be VERY painful.

If you care about Canada's future, get involved by holding your MLA's & MP's accountable!! don't just be sheep!!

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2005, 07:19:47 PM »

hmm lets see,

Is the economy roaring? Yes

If the economy is doing well, am I more likely to have a job? Yes

If I have a job, can I afford gas and supplies to go fishing? Yes

Hmm doesn't seem the liberals are doing that bad of a job to me......

Beware, if the conservatives get elected as I'm sure the conservatives will "fix" the economy just like the did last time they were in power....

I couldnt have said it better myself.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

rerigger

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2005, 05:05:30 AM »

beware eddie and sandy
if you bend over the libs might just do it again :(

allwaysfishin

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2005, 12:50:08 PM »

the pro liberal attitude of any sportsman scares me. you guys seem to be suggesting that your needs... to work and buy stuff to fish is thanx to the liberals...... your kidding right?? Under liberals we have seen vast amounts of taxpayers money go to useless things like the long gun registry, hindering law abiding sportsmen while Violent crime, organized/gang crime and crime with firearms skyrocket. We have seen the illicit drug trade and the "walking wounded" increasing at an exponential rate.We have seen our central canada agriculture community, the heartland of this country, left high and dry and our dairy industry is about to be hit with a mortal blow due to liberals new ideas which will see a flood of milk products imported from europe to the canadian market. under the liberals we have seen fish stocks depleting on a massive scale both east and west, we see increased activity in fish farm industry, an attitude of irresponsibility when it comes to mandating DFO. And due to the sparrow act and liberal FN mandates, FN harvest locally anyways has become an untouchable and lawless raping of this provinces salmon stocks. Gravel removal from interior and local streambeds has also become a huge issue as far as impact to fish species in b.c.. ALL brought to you by the liberals and, a web of lies deciet and illegal actions....millions of OUR HARD EARNED TAX DOLLARS syphoned away .... have you listened or read the gomery report??the liberals mandates and behaviors betray every canadian, is that  something that you would support and vote for.......... :o ,,, oh, i forgot.... they are the reason you have a job.... and can buy fishing stuff.... and go fishing.... it's no wonder this country is going down the sh*tter

no party is perfect... but come on people.... I've followed canadian politics since i was old enough to understand em, i'm a proud, patriotic canadain who believes in the constitution of this country and it has been laid clear for all to see, the liberals have , for the entire term of chretiens office, been crooks, swindlers, liars and betrayers of the basic trust that being elected is supposed to bring. Just because the figure head of the party has changed means nothing. In my eyes they are a pack of treasonous b*st*rds.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2005, 01:04:10 PM by allwaysfishin »

Sandhead

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2005, 04:03:20 PM »

the pro liberal attitude of any sportsman scares me. you guys seem to be suggesting that your needs... to work and buy stuff to fish is thanx to the liberals...... your kidding right??

Well I don't think you can attribute the health of the economy to the conservatives...
Under liberals we have seen vast amounts of taxpayers money go to useless things like the long gun registry, hindering law abiding sportsmen while Violent crime, organized/gang crime and crime with firearms skyrocket. We have seen the illicit drug trade and the "walking wounded" increasing at an exponential rate.

Doing a quick search of statscan, I only found results for youth violent crime, yet I fail to see any real increase in violent crime as its been fairly stable at less than 1000 violent crimes per 100,000 youth and thats over a 15 year period. I would hardly call that skyrocketing numbers...

http://www.statcan.ca/english/kits/justic/2-22.pdf

under the liberals we have seen fish stocks depleting on a massive scale both east and west, we see increased activity in fish farm industry, an attitude of irresponsibility when it comes to mandating DFO. And due to the sparrow act and liberal FN mandates, FN harvest locally anyways has become an untouchable and lawless raping of this provinces salmon stocks. Gravel removal from interior and local streambeds has also become a huge issue as far as impact to fish species in b.c..

Sadly, I don't think any political party has the leadership or long term thinking to tackle FN issues... The conservatives and liberals have had since confederation to solve this and no one has been able to resolve this. I hardly think the right is capable of resolving FN issues. As for fish stocks depleting, this problem is hardly confined to the liberals. Depleting fish stocks is a problem all over the world, and not just in Canada. IMHO, I think its going to take more than just a national political party to reverse this situation. Not even the green party is going to be able to revive or save fish.
have you listened or read the gomery report??the liberals mandates and behaviors betray every canadian, is that  something that you would support and vote for.......... :o ,,, oh, i forgot.... they are the reason you have a job.... and can buy fishing stuff.... and go fishing.... it's no wonder this country is going down the sh*tter

The amount of money spent wasted during the sponsership scandel is small potatoes compared to the cost of being involved in an illegal war in iraq, which the conservatives would have committed Canadians armed forces if they had been in charge.. I for one, don't want a conservative government that is completely out of touch with average canadian. As evident by Mr. Harper's comments to FOX Television.

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/1049464033397_20?s_name=&no_ads=

What I think will eventually lose the election for the conservatives is when Randy White opens his mouth :)

Ain't no HO like a COHO

allwaysfishin

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2005, 04:33:58 PM »

i see where you are coming from sandhead... it's a tough call between any of these "representatives" of this fine country. in guess we'll see how it pans out and just deal with it.

mark

« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2005, 07:06:24 PM »

If the Liberals win and get away with their scandle then they will feel invincable and they can get away with anything. After all who has been arrested in the scandle case as of yet, no one. Who knows what kind of scam they will come up with next since the PM was the Finance Minister.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2005, 07:07:57 PM by mark »

No_way

« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2005, 07:25:10 PM »

If the Liberals win and get away with their scandle then they will feel invincable and they can get away with anything. After all who has been arrested in the scandle case as of yet, no one. Who knows what kind of scam they will come up with next since the PM was the Finance Minister.

I get it!  We need to punish the liberals by punishing the whole country.  Why didn't I see that before  :-\