Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which political party do you believe would be better for fishery as a whole?

Liberal
- 9 (16.7%)
Conservatives
- 21 (38.9%)
NDP
- 8 (14.8%)
other
- 16 (29.6%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Author Topic: Which party is better for fishery?  (Read 26028 times)

Sterling C

• Old Timer
Re: Which party is better for fishery?
« Reply #60 on: December 11, 2005, 10:59:10 PM »

Whats wrong with the NDP? not saying I support them, just want to know your reasoning.
Actions speak louder than words.

BwiBwi

• Old Timer
« Reply #61 on: December 12, 2005, 01:45:23 AM »

Have anyone heard what NDP position is on fishery?

Islanderguy

« Reply #62 on: December 12, 2005, 05:55:23 AM »

The NDP here in BC started fish farms. Don't think thats a plus on the fisheries front.

They are a wishy-washy party that only seems to throw money at problems thinking that will fix them, its hard to peg them to any certain platform promises because all they say is they will throw this much money at somthing. No details. Look at their website at ndp.ca if you want.

Its pretty funny, here in BC the NDP are trying to seperate themselves from unions, and Federally they are trying to get closer. Here the NDP started medical privatization, Federally they are opposed to it.

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #63 on: December 12, 2005, 09:01:19 AM »

another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

Sterling C

• Old Timer
« Reply #64 on: December 12, 2005, 10:52:08 AM »

Wow that was possibly the most uneducated lowbrow comment made so far in this entire thread.

First of all you say that the provincial NDP were responsible for starting fish farms in the province, which is incorrect. They were actually implemented by another right wing party, the So Creds. Later a moratorium was placed on fish farms by the provincial NDP but was later lifted by the B.C. Liberals (for those of you who do not know, are closer to the Conservatives than their federal cousins). The other thing wrong with this is that you are comparing the provincial NDP, to the federal NDP. Same name, color and baisic principals, however, still a very seperate entity and should not be compared to our past provincial goverments. Of course, you already knew that when you went on to state that federally and provincially the NDP were contradicting themselves. Things that make you go hmmmmmmmm.
Actions speak louder than words.

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #65 on: December 12, 2005, 11:28:18 AM »

It shows that some people really "smoke" their farmed salmon. ;)

stickler

« Reply #66 on: December 12, 2005, 06:55:03 PM »

On a positive note, the recently created Farm Fish Hatchery up here in Pt. Ed is shutting down, I'm sure to more public awareness. I heard proponent garble on CBC Radio today, but we have to prevent pen fish farming by the mouth of the Skeena, or anywhere else.

BwiBwi

• Old Timer
« Reply #67 on: December 12, 2005, 08:52:39 PM »

Well at least one place down. eh? I hope they'll continue monitoring the area. If sea lice pop drops and fish fatility rate drops that would be a good convincing evident for future reference.

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #68 on: December 13, 2005, 09:33:01 AM »

There is more than enough evidence from Scotland and Norway about the negitive impacts of pen fishing.The company (Stolt i believe) caused problems and now they moved their medicine show to countries with no enviromental stewardship like Chile. There like Dow chemical at Bhupal India. They know there is a problem and pay people to say there isn't. If there is a hell, there will be fish farmers in it.

Xgolfman

• Old Timer
  • Wild rivers, wild fish
« Reply #69 on: December 13, 2005, 07:55:16 PM »

i'm voting republican again...oops, sorry i'm american....as an outsider looking in all i can say is the NDP damn near killed b.c. i know we americans can f*ck up a wet dream but i have a warehouse business in blaine and have never seen one of your parties do more damage then NDP's...your liberals like our republicans are good for the economy but not much else unfortunetly...i hate both our parties down here but after 10 years in the military tend to vote more republican...

one thing i do know..if you want to start a fight on a golf course, talk politic's...

DragonSpeed

• Old Timer
  • Less Computer Time - More fishing Time...yes YOU!
    • My Pictures
« Reply #70 on: December 13, 2005, 10:34:02 PM »

Golf:  The strange part is that our provincial parties (NDP/Liberal) really have VERY little in common with their Federal Namesakes, and as such you can't judge the likely outcome of an NDP Federal gov by the effects of an NDP Provincial etc.

Bizarre...but Politics makes strange bedfellows.

BwiBwi

• Old Timer
« Reply #71 on: December 14, 2005, 02:52:06 AM »

I thought Democratic party is better for US econ? Clinton era best econ for US in the past 20 years.

Xgolfman

• Old Timer
  • Wild rivers, wild fish
« Reply #72 on: December 14, 2005, 02:06:16 PM »

I thought Democratic party is better for US econ? Clinton era best econ for US in the past 20 years.

Clinton was the FIRST democratic to adopt a "conservative economy" what he basically did was left alone what reagan and bush put in place...Carter screwed us up so bad it took a bad western actor damn near 8 years to fix it....but if you look at the end of clintons time you can see it was all heading for the sh*thouse...can't float all the southern welfare states on bj's from monica!!!

BwiBwi

• Old Timer
« Reply #73 on: December 14, 2005, 08:33:46 PM »

::)

Yes it is fortunate Regan is a bad actor. And the best policy he held for economy is " leave it along, less government intervention better the economy"  Which is very true...  Free enterprice.

BwiBwi

• Old Timer
« Reply #74 on: December 16, 2005, 10:25:10 AM »

Ya DS I guess each provincial political party is different than that of the federal.
Alberta Premier just tick off fed conservative party members in yesterday's speech.

Is there anyway to get fishery issue into the televised debate?