Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which political party do you believe would be better for fishery as a whole?

Liberal
- 9 (16.7%)
Conservatives
- 21 (38.9%)
NDP
- 8 (14.8%)
other
- 16 (29.6%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Author Topic: Which party is better for fishery?  (Read 26027 times)

marmot

• Old Timer
Re: Which party is better for fishery?
« Reply #45 on: December 09, 2005, 03:32:58 PM »

Sticking to the question (Which party is better for fishery?), the answer is really quite obvious. The Liberal Party has demonstrated that it is not for the fishery in any way,shape or form. Therefore, the Conservative deserves an opportunity to put their party on the line for fisheries.

That logic is completely flawed....

Its like saying " a cat bit me, therefore a dog wont".  Gimme a break!

No_way

« Reply #46 on: December 09, 2005, 03:36:05 PM »

That logic is completely flawed....

Its like saying " a cat bit me, therefore a dog wont".  Gimme a break!

Actually, it's more like rattlers vs cobras  ;D

Islanderguy

« Reply #47 on: December 09, 2005, 06:05:50 PM »

Its hard to decide..

Conservatives would insure there is no gay fish getting married

Liberals would make sure the fish had no handguns and have universal daycare

NDP would allow the fish to unionize,  go on strike and demand better swimming conditions

Green would decriminalize marajuana so the fish would have no fear of criminal records.

mark

« Reply #48 on: December 09, 2005, 07:06:10 PM »

Eddie murphy, No wayman, and Fishassister  it was a joke. You take things way to serious. :'(
« Last Edit: December 09, 2005, 07:10:43 PM by mark »

mark

« Reply #49 on: December 09, 2005, 07:10:00 PM »

Some people are so pathetically serious all the time lighten up.

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #50 on: December 09, 2005, 07:21:02 PM »

Serious? Where was the joke did I miss it? I wasnt commenting on anything you said. It was a general comment.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

mark

« Reply #51 on: December 10, 2005, 11:34:55 AM »

Islander I like the idea of no gay fish getting married. ;)

Matuka Jack

• It's time to fish!
« Reply #52 on: December 10, 2005, 01:01:05 PM »

I do not think Conservatives to be looking after the fisheries properly.  They are getting their support from commercial fishermen.  This means increased quota for the commercial fishermen.  When more salmon are caught by commercial fishermen the FN will demand to be allowed to also catch more.  If FN is not legally allowed to catch more they will just catch more anyway. 

To conclude:  The number of salmon returning back will be reduced.  The next generation of salmon will then be in peril.  Hence, the problem will escalate.

I do not think the BQ will be better.  The principle that they go by is inherent in Q.  Just look at the state of Atlantic Salmon in Q.

I mentioned BQ, as a vote for Conservatives is a vote for for BQ.  This is based on the highest probable outcome where Conservatives manages to win some seats west of Q. Hence,  BQ & Conservative can form the next government.  Oh, what a sad sight Canada would be in this situation.

NDP,  I like their philosophy when it come to healthcare and social services.  But, I doubt it if would would ever win a Federal election in the next 100 years.

So by process of elimination, it left the Liberals.  They would save the fisheries by making Commercial Salmon Fishermen unemployed.  Much like what happened with Cod fisheries in the Atlantic.  They will succeed, but those Commercial fishermen would not be happy (to say the least).
"Of the things we think, say or do:
1.  Is it the TRUTH?
2.  Is it FAIR to all concerned?
3.  Will it build GOODWILL and BETTER FRIENDSHIPS?
4.  Will it be BENEFICIAL to all concerned?"

By Herbert J. Taylor

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #53 on: December 10, 2005, 02:02:22 PM »

If we bring back the Liberals I feel they will just continue to cave into the F/N demands for more and more fishing opportunities. One just has to look what has happened on the Fraser River the last few seasons, race based fisheres, drift netting on the Fraser River as far up as Chilliwack,some bands fishing whenever they wish, beach seining of pinks where only the does were taken for their roe (bucks discarded as well as other species retained against the regulations) and the lack of enforcement. In my mind these facts should concern those that are interested in saving our precious fish for future generations.

This lack of enforcement has allowed the Early Stuart sockeye to be fished to dangerous levels. Now we have the Thompson River coho to be listed as endangered. These coho stocks have been netted by some fishing sectors for years when they were closed to all during these coho's migration period.

We are now nearing a time when we the sports angler could be the ones listed as endangered. If for no other reason lets give the Conservative a chance to see if they can do a better job of managing our fish stocks before we have reached the point of no return. :( :(

It can not get much worse.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #54 on: December 10, 2005, 03:39:16 PM »

The courts have ruled that the First Nations brethens get first crack at the salmon. I really don't think any political party have the guts to change that. They all talk the talk when it comes to getting your votes. After Jan. 23, same old, same old.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #55 on: December 10, 2005, 04:10:05 PM »

The courts have ruled that the First Nations brethens get first crack at the salmon. I really don't think any political party have the guts to change that. They all talk the talk when it comes to getting your votes. After Jan. 23, same old, same old.
Yes but as I have many times the law should be enforced, if not democracy is threatened.

Conservation is number 1 followed by FN. Not the other way around which has been the case in way too many instances.

Game time now, as we roll tonight. ;D ;D ;D

BwiBwi

• Old Timer
« Reply #56 on: December 11, 2005, 06:48:16 PM »

FN, westerners, new comers... we all are immigrant to this 'New World' at one point. Just some arrived a few generations earlier. Who gave FN the right to the resource? When there is a change in governing structure, all should be changed. They should not be granted the right to any resource over other Canadian.

Anyways. Continuing with Liberal I believe no change will be done with DFO. However, if we can make fishery problem a noticable 'BIG' issue I do believe it will become one of the issues all political party will have to face during election compaign. I do believe if we can make fishery a debate topic for the political parties we will see changes when new government comes to section.

kingpin

• Old Timer
« Reply #57 on: December 11, 2005, 07:31:53 PM »

The conservatives would not be a good choice, they were the ones that actually started the gun registry not the liberals, we got screwed on the soft wood lumber by them. atleast martin has had the balls to stand up to bush on the soft wood lumber, rather than harper licking balls(bush's). Its not like the liberals are the only party to ever get into a scandal like the gomery inquiry, it happens all around the world. The liberals are doing as good a job as they can, u can't complain with the way the economy has been. I would vote liberal, the lesser of the other evils.
Im an advocate for the supremacy of the bait fisherman race and a firm believer in the purity of it.

BwiBwi

• Old Timer
« Reply #58 on: December 11, 2005, 07:53:06 PM »

Isn't softwood issue started by Critien?

Islanderguy

« Reply #59 on: December 11, 2005, 10:43:30 PM »

Kingpin, wasn't bill C-68 initiated through a Liberal majority Government? Wasn't it supposed to include minamum sentances for crimes with a gun (oh wait that part never happened)  Were we not told that it would never be used to take away guns like they did in Australia? (oh wait they plan on banning handguns, wonder if everyone use the regestry for confiscation??) I know guys with handgun collections who shoot in compitition with 15,000 - 20,000$ worth of handguns , wonder if they will be fully refunded for them??

Didn't Paul Martin support the Iraq war untill Cretien nixxed support? (altho the war was stupidly started with the excuse of "weapons of mass destruction" if the excuse was genoside would it make the mass graves found there less important? Or is genocide OK??)

I guess Paul Martin also recieving goverment grants for his steamship lines in the tens of millions is OK also.

Also lets see, the medical services have gotten alot better and waiting list shorter since the Liberals took office?

You think the theft of a few hundred million of our tax dollars, but thats in only one department. Open up the files on Native affairs and see how many hundreds of millions are missing. In case you didn't know the average family of 4 if the money was about 40,000 if the money going into it was just paid out in cash.  (yet many families are well below the poverty line)

By the way the economy being greatly improved was due to a tragic thing called "9-11"  After that interest rates plumited and allowed the building boom to start ,thus creating a good economy.  The economy was basicly dropping to flatline untill that event , no thanks go to the Liberals for that.

The softwood deal I don't see how you are blaming the Conservitaves for , for over 10 years we still have not had any luck with that, no Conservitaves had power. As for free trade agreements, the softwood lumber was never covered under NAFTA , so don't bring that up.

As for who I would vote for its sure not the NDP or Liberals.