Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

what came first the fish or the fish egg

fish
fish egg

Author Topic: What came first the fish or the fish eggs  (Read 14876 times)

Guppy

• nothing but steelhead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What came first the fish or the fish eggs
« on: December 26, 2005, 06:06:45 PM »

what do you think came first the fish or the fish egg.  ???
small fish in a big river

Spudcote

• Old Timer
  • Let the big ones go
Re: What came first the fish or the fish eggs
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2005, 06:17:26 PM »

Voted fish egg, fish as we know them today are the product of evolution (given I believe the theory of evolution). Through different stages of evolution, the eggs are what carried desired traits from one generation to the next, therefore, the fish as we know them today should technically be diferent from previous generations of the same species, meaning that the eggs of present generations came before the fish that hatched from them... 8) :-\

Wow...that was deep, need to get away from the bio textbooks... ;D
Early to bed,
Early to rise,
Fish all day,
Make up lies.

See you all of the water,
Spudcote

Steelhawk

• Old Timer
  • Fish In Peace !
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2005, 07:01:04 PM »

The trouble is, how can there be an egg without a doe to carry it & nourish it to maturity in the body?   ;D

Can there be an ovum without the mother?  So if an egg happens to become a fish by itself w/o a male party to fertilize it, a miracle, how is it going to produce again? By itself?  ;D
How did it happen to reproduce the first time around?

Too deep.  It borders on the religious realm.  Sorry I am not too convinced on darwinism.  Too many instances of intellectual designs in nature for this to happen on the basis of cosmic chaos.

fishingmaniac

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2005, 07:05:08 PM »

The fish.. its like the story of god.. except only fish style..  :D
Go Chargers Go

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2005, 07:13:00 PM »

Agreed!!  If you believe in creation and God, then the fish came first, if you believe in evolution, then you could make a case for the egg!!  I believe in creation, one of the reasons is because I don't believe a work of art like the Steelhead could have been a fluke!!
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2005, 08:25:43 PM »

Agreed!!  If you believe in creation and God, then the fish came first, if you believe in evolution, then you could make a case for the egg!!  I believe in creation, one of the reasons is because I don't believe a work of art like the Steelhead could have been a fluke!!
Or any other living thing for that matter or the world or the universe.

kellya

• Old Timer
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2005, 08:26:39 PM »

makes your brain hurt

Youngin

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2005, 08:30:10 PM »

I think first came two fish, because a fish egg needs to be "fertilized" before it can become a fry.. No?

Steelhawk

• Old Timer
  • Fish In Peace !
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2005, 02:23:41 PM »

Ya Chris, from the macro (fish, Earth, Universe) to the micro (cell, molecule, atom, electron, quartz), everything functions within each's own set of laws and order.  I rather take creation (intellectual design) than Darwinism.  Why think we started off as amoeba in some form of cosmic chaotic event, or begat by monkeys/chimps? Yeuk!  Should thank the Lord for evey fish delivered to your hook.  ;D

buck

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2005, 07:36:39 PM »

I think everyone needs a steelhead fix !

Guppy

• nothing but steelhead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2005, 09:28:17 PM »

I think everyone needs a steelhead fix !
you got that right
small fish in a big river

Grub

« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2005, 11:31:54 PM »

GO evolution GO!!       "a chemist is just a bunch of atoms that has evolved to study atoms" ...........oooooh smoke another one ..eh?

not cool enough for a banner

Floater

• Old Timer
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2005, 11:52:28 PM »

Ah its pretty obvious what came first! THE ROD!
[

fishinfever

• fishing is REELality
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2005, 12:30:44 AM »

Quote from a book on creation about the probability of proper protien to make a part of cell

"17 What chance is there that the correct amino acids would come together to form a protein molecule? It could be likened to having a big, thoroughly mixed pile containing equal numbers of red beans and white beans. There are also over 100 different varieties of beans. Now, if you plunged a scoop into this pile, what do you think you would get? To get the beans that represent the basic components of a protein, you would have to scoop up only red ones—no white ones at all! Also, your scoop must contain only 20 varieties of the red beans, and each one must be in a specific, preassigned place in the scoop. In the world of protein, a single mistake in any one of these requirements would cause the protein that is produced to fail to function properly. Would any amount of stirring and scooping in our hypothetical bean pile have given the right combination? No. Then how would it have been possible in the hypothetical organic soup?

18 The proteins needed for life have very complex molecules. What is the chance of even a simple protein molecule forming at random in an organic soup? Evolutionists acknowledge it to be only one in 10113 (1 followed by 113 zeros). But any event that has one chance in just 1050 is dismissed by mathematicians as never happening. An idea of the odds, or probability, involved is seen in the fact that the number 10113 is larger than the estimated total number of all the atoms in the universe!

19 Some proteins serve as structural materials and others as enzymes. The latter speed up needed chemical reactions in the cell. Without such help, the cell would die. Not just a few, but 2,000 proteins serving as enzymes are needed for the cell’s activity. What are the chances of obtaining all of these at random? One chance in 1040,000! “An outrageously small probability,” Hoyle asserts, “that could not be faced even if the whole universe consisted of organic soup.” He adds: “If one is not prejudiced either by social beliefs or by a scientific training into the conviction that life originated [spontaneously] on the Earth, this simple calculation wipes the idea entirely out of court.”"

now try to come up with a egg by chance. 

McWhackit

• fishing is life, all else is details.
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2005, 06:22:59 AM »

"God is as real as I am." said the old man. I was greatly relieved as I knew Santa Claus would never lie too me.     Only sheep need a shepard.