Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Vedder fishing January 21st  (Read 3481 times)

steelieman

• Fish On!!!!
Vedder fishing January 21st
« on: January 21, 2006, 05:07:32 PM »

Got to the river( lower river) around 7:00 am. I wished that we did not stop at Tim Horton for coffee because as we were changing, a truck pulled up and the occupant walked to the spot where I wanted to fish first thing in the morning. Within 5 minutes, the guy hooked into a 10lb hatchery buck. Not much of a fight and the fish was in. We then noticed the guy down the next run with a bend rod. He fought it for a few minutes and then up came a hatchery fish of about 10lb.

After that, it slowed down for about 2 hours. I tried up and down the next few runs but did not get a sniff of any kind.

I then came back to my original spot and decided to try something different. I was short floating the whole morning but got nothing so I decided to change it to "long floating". The next cast in, BANG! Fish on. Played it for about 10 minutes and noticed that it was a wild fish as I was trying to bring it up to snap a picture. Funny thing happened as I was guiding the fish up, the line at the hook broke. Well, too bad no picture. It was about a 10lb doe.

The river is in perfect shape and I saw a total of 7 fish hooked- not a bad day. We left around 12:30pm.

PistolPete

Re: Vedder fishing January 21st
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2006, 05:47:15 PM »

After fishing with Nick Friday I decide to go back to the same area we got fish in fished til about 9:30 before float goes down landed a nice h doe 10lbs .Have some pics but computer is on the Fritzzz . Did anyone go through the DFO road block above Tesky Rock ?

cohokid

• Old Timer
  • 28 landed- 11 lost
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2006, 05:49:43 PM »

fished tamahi and above the crossing nothing didnt get nothing, i think i have a curse.

Floater

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2006, 06:39:22 PM »

Fished mid all day with meca today, he had a good strike and i had the float go down with a good pull on the line and nothing. :-\ Saw a guy hit a 5 pound or so wild as we were comming to a run he asked if we could take a quick pic for him and we were glad to. He told us it was his third today :o Heading out tommorow again, this time nothing is gona stop us but PURE! bad luck.
[

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2006, 06:59:37 PM »

Did anyone go through the DFO road block above Tesky Rock ?

That's a favourite area for CO's to set up roadblock.

meca_357

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2006, 07:04:15 PM »

I second that Floater  ::)

cohokid

• Old Timer
  • 28 landed- 11 lost
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2006, 08:13:33 PM »

hey meca and floater, i saw u guy above the vedder crassing, i could tell by ur hat mecca and floaters reel. i was on the other side with 2 other guys

meca_357

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2006, 08:41:31 PM »

what can i say.. .we're good looking guys with cool hats and reels.. lol..

anyways yeah i recall seeing you

Floater

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2006, 09:46:20 PM »

what can i say.. .we're good looking guys with cool hats and reels.. lol..

anyways yeah i recall seeing you
8)
[

Xgolfman

• Old Timer
  • Wild rivers, wild fish
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2006, 10:05:51 PM »

yeah i went through the road block, they were cool and after a few questions and a brief look through my truck, sent me on my way...i think when they see washington plates they figure they caught someone..but i'd rather see them and also see them seriously busting some guy..i think they took his truck...then the pretend ones we seem to have down here...