Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Steelheading on the Vedder Jan29/06  (Read 2414 times)

scottm

• I'm a llama!
Steelheading on the Vedder Jan29/06
« on: January 29, 2006, 06:35:32 PM »

It was a great day to be out fishing today.We started out down low around the train bridge around 7:15am only 2 other guys insight after about 45 minutes of fishing we noticed one of the guy's above us had a fish on so we gave way and let him do his thing.After a 5 minute fight nice 10-12 lb hatchery to the beach for some photo's and a quick release. So on to our next stretch of water just around the corner from the ranger run,we used everything under the sun until finally i decided to throw on a white worm and what do know BAM!!! fish on,i decided to pass my rod to my friend as he is just learning to steelhead fish so i gave him a shot at it.It took him all of 3 minutes to land and release the beauty 8-9 lb wild needles to say he now hooked.We worked our way down around the corner to find 7 guys fishing the ranger run area so we mved down from some very famous people without even knowing it.We stuck around for 15 minutes and decided to go back up to spot where we got the wild one and give it a shot to get the hatchery mate.I bet you are wondering who these famous people are,they are Big Steel and Sea Run.We fished the run together but nothing for us so we parted ways to find some more water.It was nice to meet you guys and look forward to seeing again.   

searun17

• Old Timer
Re: Steelheading on the Vedder Jan29/06
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2006, 07:16:55 PM »

Likewise Scott, good to see you pass the rod on to your buddy now you've got him hooked,PS I'm not famous, big steel is ,doesn't he look a little like brad Pitt,lol ;D ;D
Our kids are the future of our sport,take them fishing,teach them well and the rewards will be many.

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2006, 07:33:15 PM »

::) ::) :P  Searun is a Knob!!   ;) ;D ;D
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

cohokid

• Old Timer
  • 28 landed- 11 lost
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2006, 07:38:54 PM »