Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Narrowed down to the following choices... what woudl you get..keep in mind value is approx10 grand that i will spend

Nissan Pathfinder
- 1 (2.9%)
Toyota 4-Runner
- 16 (47.1%)
Jeep Cherokee
- 5 (14.7%)
Ford Ranger
- 5 (14.7%)
none of the above
- 7 (20.6%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Voting closed: February 07, 2006, 11:32:30 PM

Author Topic: Shopping for a new Vehicle....  (Read 9858 times)

jettabambino

• Old Timer
  • wanna banana?
Shopping for a new Vehicle....
« on: January 31, 2006, 11:32:30 PM »

I currently am thinking of changing my vehicle.. I currnetly have a 93 ford ranger xlt 4x4 which has nothing wrong with it.  I think i may just need a change.  what do you think I should get.... I am having a tough time making the decision... Stay tuned as the ranger may be put on the forsale site soon enough..

Keep in mind i do alot of hunting and fishing... If i get a SUV keep in mind that I would probably tow a utility trailer as i dont think dead animals make the drive that much fun...

OK guys and dolls thanks for the votes ;)
see ya on the river

BwiBwi

• Old Timer
Re: Shopping for a new Vehicle....
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2006, 11:43:57 PM »

Pathfinder turning radius is just huge even wider than a full size Ford Expedition.
Cherokee kind of expensive to maintenance
Ranger well .... haven't heard much about them ( can't comment)
4-runner, decent, reliable, maintenance is affordable and not too often

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2006, 11:54:42 PM »

There is alot of Fords on the road; some of them even run  ;)

Reservoir Dog

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2006, 12:44:06 AM »

I keep hearing again and again good things about Toyota's.

MPO tho, is I want a Tracker/Samurai you cna't roll em, and they're a tank offroad, gas milage you can't beat with any SUV. Downside is they're downright tiny, upside is they're downright tiny. :lol:

newsman

• Old Timer
  • Dude what's a llama?
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2006, 10:57:52 AM »

You can't beat Toyota for reliablity and long life but you pay fro it too.
Till the next time, "keep your fly in the water!"

Bone

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2006, 11:00:44 AM »

Hey Reservoir dog, I am in the same situation with the car thing. I would recommend finding a Toyota 4-runner, but the hard part is finding one with low km. I have a side kick now and it is built like a tank, just a little small for me and two dogs and fishing equipment. I would like to sell it in the near future if there is anyone looking for a good jeep.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2006, 11:08:12 AM by Bone »

Bone

newsman

• Old Timer
  • Dude what's a llama?
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2006, 11:26:22 AM »

Suzuki's rock I owned two before I was married with children. As for tuff if that's what you want try a Russian Fiat, aka Lada Niva. I bought my Niva new in 91, still have it and still running.  Tuff, Tuff, tuff, but like any Fiat it is high maintenance so you need to be a mechanic to own one (or like being broke).
Till the next time, "keep your fly in the water!"

Reservoir Dog

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2006, 12:12:43 PM »

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2402060372341641699&q=%22top

This is an awsome video....

Bone "when" I get a better paying job, I'm gonna get a Samurai / Tracker. I like the small size. I currently drive its little brother. Chevy Sprint.

searun17

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2006, 12:53:19 PM »

Personally i would choose the ford ranger for the kind of money you want to spend,if you are a hunter you need a box,they are economicall to run and are cheaper for replacement parts,this truck will get you anywhere you need to go within reason,i own a ford and have had very few problems with it , take your time and look around there are allot of them on the market.
Our kids are the future of our sport,take them fishing,teach them well and the rewards will be many.

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2006, 03:17:46 PM »

Get a used jeep, youll find you can buy one for alot less then the other trucks, and they still do the trick. But if i had lots of money id get a 4 -runner, knowing its made by toyota.
The Bigger The Better!

DaN ThE MaN

• Old Timer
  • Darn she got away!!
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2006, 04:37:14 PM »

4Runner for sure!! very little problems! Fairly good on gas. I love my 4runner!!!!

DaN

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2006, 04:50:00 PM »

I had a bronco II For about 4 years, it was an awesome little vehicle!!  Would go everywhere, good on gas, and easy to find parts.   The Ranger is pretty much the same vehicle, I had the 2.9, but the 4.0 has a lot of power!!  Now, I have an Explorer Sport 2 door. It is a 1999, that I got for $9000.  Mint shape, runs great, with the 4.0 SOHC.  With is an awesome motor!!  Fully Loaded.  The 4 runners are nice, but if something goes wrong, as Searun stated, the parts a more expensive and a bit harder to get.  If you look, you can find a good deal, just don't be in a hurry to buy something, take your time.  I love my Explorer, it looks awesome and runs great, with alltime 4wd. Anyhow, enough about my Truck.  That's what I think on the subject!! ;) ;D
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

got fish

• 7-11 steelhead
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2006, 06:12:24 PM »

well for me i WON for $5 a 1985  Crysler Le Baron in a school draw ::) It works and everything but i don't really want it ;D my parents cars are good for me right now to go fishing in ;) :D

If anyone wants a cheap car... contact me haha sorry if its a bit shady from the topic :P

jettabambino

• Old Timer
  • wanna banana?
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2006, 10:44:58 PM »

well for me i WON for $5 a 1985  Crysler Le Baron in a school draw ::) It works and everything but i don't really want it ;D my parents cars are good for me right now to go fishing in ;) :D

If anyone wants a cheap car... contact me haha sorry if its a bit shady from the topic :P

yah thats a little shady.. we are discussing 4x4's and whats better to buy... if you would like to sell your Le Baron...... go to the forsale section....mind you not sure how much your gonna get now that you told people you paid

5 bucks   :D :D
see ya on the river