Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Steelheading With The Master, The Journal For Feb. 21  (Read 5458 times)

cohoslayer1

• Bring on the steelhead
Re: Steelheading With The Master, The Journal For Feb. 21
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2006, 08:47:13 PM »

dont worry i would be really vocal ot mabye more :( >:(

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2006, 10:00:34 PM »

Chris;

As always a great report; thank-you.  I ran into Frank (w/ red toque) on Sunday afternoon shortly after he caught a nice hatchery buck.  Did he tell you about it?  and if he so, did he indicate what the weight was?  I gave him an estimate and am curious how close I really was.

I know where MDF#1 is............I saw Bryan McCabe pull it from his gear bag in Torino (wink)....

SNAFU (Brian)
Yes he told me about it and told me the weight but I forgot what he said, was it around 14?

SNAFU

« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2006, 02:33:00 PM »

Hi Chris;

I measured Frank's fish on Sunday, which incidentally was a very nice buck, and it was 34 inches.  I estimated 14 to 15 lbs.  He initially told me he figured 17.5 lbs, not sure where he got that figure.  I am always curious to see how close my estimates get.

How did you make out today?

Brian (SNAFU)

PS:  Referring to my earlier reply; you should get MDF#1 back soon; "McCabe and boys" are probably on their way back now.  Hope to run into you soon on the flow so we can "chin wag" about our favourite team.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2006, 07:51:38 PM »

How did you make out today?

Brian (SNAFU)

Things were fairly slow in the area I was in today the 23 , I saw only 2 caught and one lost. I missed a fish and that was it but found another drennan and a couple of balsa and cork floats. "The Master was also skunked. The weather was pretty misable, cold and wet. When I left the river it had colored up some but is clear and cold out now so I imagine it will be OK tomorrow. Hope the wind dies down. I was told a 23 pound hatchery was taken this week but I find that hard to believe. Anyone else hear about this?

Sterling C

• Old Timer
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2006, 11:43:01 PM »

Good, so I wasn't the only miserable person out there today. Actually today was so bad that I'm planning on taking a day off before going out again on the weekend. :-\
Actions speak louder than words.