Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many Fraser River pink salmon have you kept in 2009?

1 - 10
11 - 20
21 - 30
31 - 40
41 - 50
50+

Author Topic: 2009 Fraser River pink salmon  (Read 198294 times)

warlo_527

Re: 2009 Fraser River pink salmon
« Reply #555 on: September 18, 2009, 03:27:03 PM »

possession quota ... the number of fish of any species that an angler may have in his/ her possession at any given time, EXCEPT at place of ordinary residence. In most instances, the possession quota is
two times the daily quota. 

ordinary residence ... a residential dwelling where a person normally lives, with all associated connotations including a permanent mailing address, telephone number, furnishings and storage of automobile; the address on one’s driver’s licence and automobile registration, where one is registered to vote. A motor home or vessel at a campsite or marina is not considered to be an ordinary residence.

From BC Freshwater Regs.

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #556 on: September 18, 2009, 07:01:37 PM »

Drove on the Haney bypass about 30 minutes ago and pinks were jumping everywhere on the river.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

marbles

« Reply #557 on: September 18, 2009, 07:22:33 PM »

Drove on the Haney bypass about 30 minutes ago and pinks were jumping everywhere on the river.
nice!! good news Im going to peg leg hope I land a few,getty up ;D

Hook, Line and Sinker

« Reply #558 on: September 18, 2009, 08:17:06 PM »

I was one of the myriad casters down at the Haney Wharf tonight.

There was about 20 of us shoulder to shoulder between 6pm and 7:30 tonight; got a good bite but lost him at the dock. >:(

Saw the 4 guys to my right and the 3 guys to my left pull in about 15 fish total in an hour and a half. Including an 8 year old kid named Andy that was so stoked to land his first salmon. Everyone on the dock cheered and clapped for him; I love it when you get a good friendly atmosphere going.

The bites come in just as you'd expect, nothing for about 10 minutes straight then BAM in a line of about 20 fishermen, 6 or so get strikes all within 60 seconds of each other. Then nothing for another ten minutes, and BAM...

Lots of action still to be had in the Lower Fraser.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #559 on: September 18, 2009, 09:16:47 PM »

There are still pinks moving through the lower Fraser. The pressure has dropped off considerably.

minsyoo

« Reply #560 on: September 18, 2009, 09:22:56 PM »

exactly up to which part of the river is considered to be lower fraser? is it up to mission?

i'm going up to vedder on sunday, hopefully this means good things for me...! :o

tumbleweed

« Reply #561 on: September 18, 2009, 09:23:23 PM »

nice!! good news Im going to peg leg hope I land a few,getty up ;D
I hope you land lots ;D

fisherwithrod

« Reply #562 on: September 19, 2009, 09:40:06 AM »

possession quota ... the number of fish of any species that an angler may have in his/ her possession at any given time, EXCEPT at place of ordinary residence. In most instances, the possession quota is
two times the daily quota. 

ordinary residence ... a residential dwelling where a person normally lives, with all associated connotations including a permanent mailing address, telephone number, furnishings and storage of automobile; the address on one’s driver’s licence and automobile registration, where one is registered to vote. A motor home or vessel at a campsite or marina is not considered to be an ordinary residence.

this is very helpful, warlo, thanks! I guess that for 1-day trips this doesn't really matter; daily quota is all you got

dereke

• Old Timer
« Reply #563 on: September 19, 2009, 10:05:56 AM »

I was one of the myriad casters down at the Haney Wharf tonight.

There was about 20 of us shoulder to shoulder between 6pm and 7:30 tonight; got a good bite but lost him at the dock. >:(

Saw the 4 guys to my right and the 3 guys to my left pull in about 15 fish total in an hour and a half. Including an 8 year old kid named Andy that was so stoked to land his first salmon. Everyone on the dock cheered and clapped for him; I love it when you get a good friendly atmosphere going.

The bites come in just as you'd expect, nothing for about 10 minutes straight then BAM in a line of about 20 fishermen, 6 or so get strikes all within 60 seconds of each other. Then nothing for another ten minutes, and BAM...

Lots of action still to be had in the Lower Fraser.

Agreed about the friendly atmosphere. Sometimes the gong shows can be a great time if you have good people around you and you are in that frame of mind that you aren't looking for a spot all by yourself. Sounds like a good time.
always a student

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #564 on: September 19, 2009, 10:11:31 AM »

The social aspect of this fishery in the Tidal Fraser River makes it very attractive. Being able to fish alone in the wilderness is definitely nice, but there's nothing wrong with fishing among a friendly group of people on a weekday after work and catching fish at the same time. The lack of strong current down here allows people to fish a bit more closely as long as everyone casts straight.

Of course, if you see someone moves (especially your friend or spouse) and a fish jumps in front of their spot, you can quickly take over it... ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LpzLOzxQQ4

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #565 on: September 19, 2009, 11:10:55 AM »

Haven't we all did that before ! ;D ;D

Spiznack

• Dominion Lending Centres Alta Pacific Mortgages
« Reply #566 on: September 19, 2009, 01:04:15 PM »

What a morning!!!  Around forty pinks caught between 4 of us at the crack of dawn.  Then the bite stopped as usual.  It has been really good to see some of the fishing pressure taper off...there are roughly half the anglers out these days in comparison to a week ago and very few snaggers to be found.
For Mortgage advice call Carlos @ 778-846-2567

fisherwithrod

« Reply #567 on: September 19, 2009, 01:40:19 PM »

What a morning!!!  Around forty pinks caught between 4 of us at the crack of dawn.  Then the bite stopped as usual.  It has been really good to see some of the fishing pressure taper off...there are roughly half the anglers out these days in comparison to a week ago and very few snaggers to be found.

Perhaps it was the tide movement that helped with the pinks being there at the right time... I think that this morning at the crack of dawn, the high tide was incoming on the Fraser, so it would have been a good timing, depending on where you have been. By the way, where?  ;D

Scooterguy

« Reply #568 on: September 19, 2009, 06:59:44 PM »

I went to #3 South Arm from 6:30 AM to 8:30 AM. I saw only a couple jumped. Is it Pink fever is over at South Arm?  ??? ???

minsyoo

« Reply #569 on: September 19, 2009, 07:58:28 PM »

I went to #3 South Arm from 6:30 AM to 8:30 AM. I saw only a couple jumped. Is it Pink fever is over at South Arm?  ??? ???

i feel like i've heard something about commercial boats and their effect on pinks at south arm.

either way, i believe any talk about the "pink fever" dying down at south arm. i've made numerous trips, saw at least 50 people along the dyke, and i have never seen a pink getting caught in a while. just a bunch of bull heads  :(