Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many Fraser River pink salmon have you kept in 2009?

1 - 10
11 - 20
21 - 30
31 - 40
41 - 50
50+

Author Topic: 2009 Fraser River pink salmon  (Read 198299 times)

Lawsch

• Do or do not, there is no try..
Re: 2009 Fraser River pink salmon
« Reply #570 on: September 19, 2009, 09:49:51 PM »

Yes I have given up on the Steveston area pinks, they seem to be more spread out and few and far between lately, i was out last week and was skunked at deas island.  So today i went to the Haney warf, it was crazy but also great fishing, there were at least 20+ people there and everyone was catching fish.  I managed 2 in the hour they were passing by so i guess the better fishing is further up now.

Spiznack

• Dominion Lending Centres Alta Pacific Mortgages
« Reply #571 on: September 19, 2009, 09:59:23 PM »

Perhaps it was the tide movement that helped with the pinks being there at the right time... I think that this morning at the crack of dawn, the high tide was incoming on the Fraser, so it would have been a good timing, depending on where you have been. By the way, where?  ;D

RICHMOND...timing is everything!
For Mortgage advice call Carlos @ 778-846-2567

fisherwithrod

« Reply #572 on: September 19, 2009, 10:26:12 PM »

Was at the North Arm this afternoon, a few people trying to run the rising tide... Only 4 pinks netted in total between everybody there, so a very slow evening I guess... And, yes, a few northern pike minnows... One was quite big so the guy kept it for dinner...

Scooterguy

« Reply #573 on: September 19, 2009, 10:38:49 PM »

RICHMOND...timing is everything!

I am totally agree with you and minsyoo and  Lawsch . Pink is few and less at South Arm now. It is time to wrap up and move to further up. Car pool any one ? ;D ;D
« Last Edit: September 19, 2009, 10:43:12 PM by Scooterguy »

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #574 on: September 19, 2009, 10:38:59 PM »

Was at the North Arm this afternoon, a few people trying to run the rising tide... Only 4 pinks netted in total between everybody there, so a very slow evening I guess... And, yes, a few northern pike minnows... One was quite big so the guy kept it for dinner...

That guy is stocking up pikeminnow for the winter. ;D

Not a whole lot of biters this season at where you were fishing. It has been frustrating.

Quite a few fish showing this evening at South Arm when schools went by. Had a couple of takes but none connected.

fisherwithrod

« Reply #575 on: September 19, 2009, 10:48:03 PM »

Oh, forgot to tell, two of the pinks were mine... quite a feat, considering that it was the first time that I caught pinks on tidal Fraser with a spoon! I had an awesome day... Anyhow, whoever lets the pinks go up river from wherever, would you please let some more for my buddy, too? Please? He was skunked today, only one biter but didn't net him... Please...

Spiznack

• Dominion Lending Centres Alta Pacific Mortgages
« Reply #576 on: September 20, 2009, 10:33:46 PM »

Richmond this morning and caught only 1 after 2 double digit days in a row!!!  Drove to Chilliwack...soooo many pinks!!!
For Mortgage advice call Carlos @ 778-846-2567

cutthroat22

• Old Timer
« Reply #577 on: September 21, 2009, 01:09:25 AM »

I fished the South Arm early this morn on rising tide, got nothing.   Then I drove by the North Arm along River Road in Richmond on my way to work around 3:30pm and i saw many pinks jumping on a low tide, water was way out.  I had my fishing rods but no lures  :(

hookme

« Reply #578 on: September 21, 2009, 01:22:19 AM »

It's been a while since I went to brownsville I was in the perfect spot before Dawn around 7 to 8:30 am  there we're 40 to 50 people but very slow only the add ones so I decided to go home around 9:15 am cause I notice the tide dying down. Then at 10:00 AM  my friend that a left fishing call me and he said the little girl  that took my spot with a Banana Weight got 7 hit's and 3 landed  :(and everybody got busy after I left...Just my luck ::)

Truecast

• I think I'm Snagged
« Reply #579 on: September 21, 2009, 08:46:59 AM »

anchored out at fort langley last night for a few hours. Still lots of Pinks coming up. Found a spot where the fish seemed to be thick but had little to no action for over an hour. Switched lures relentlessly to no avail as frustrations ran high. Fish all around the boat but nothing happening until high slack just before dark. Fish on every second cast for a half hour until we ran out of light. Wifey landed a huge Doe, well not so much landed as wrapped it around the motor leg for me to scoop up with the net :D Fished the rest of the way with the motor up until her reel fell off and sunk to the depths of the fraser. Thankfully I was able to recover it and all the line. Patiance is always an important part of fishing for many reasons :P As usual to make me feel better for helping her with the finer points of fishing, my wife proceeded to catch more fish tan I did  :-[
As soon as I can afford to go fishing everyday, it's time to retire.

wgomer

« Reply #580 on: September 21, 2009, 11:41:29 AM »

Saturday Sept 19 at 9am in the morning I landed 2 males, fishing buddy landed a nice female, girlfriend lost another male at the shore.  Didnt see much action on the flood, everyone was catching on a pretty fast ebb, about 1.5 hrs after high tide.

We were fishing near No. 5 Rd.

joeyroach

« Reply #581 on: September 21, 2009, 04:51:12 PM »

anchored out at fort langley last night for a few hours. Still lots of Pinks coming up. Found a spot where the fish seemed to be thick but had little to no action for over an hour. Switched lures relentlessly to no avail as frustrations ran high. Fish all around the boat but nothing happening until high slack just before dark. Fish on every second cast for a half hour until we ran out of light. Wifey landed a huge Doe, well not so much landed as wrapped it around the motor leg for me to scoop up with the net :D Fished the rest of the way with the motor up until her reel fell off and sunk to the depths of the fraser. Thankfully I was able to recover it and all the line. Patiance is always an important part of fishing for many reasons :P As usual to make me feel better for helping her with the finer points of fishing, my wife proceeded to catch more fish tan I did  :-[
LMFAO Aint it true!

Hook, Line and Sinker

« Reply #582 on: September 21, 2009, 11:14:19 PM »

Latest report from Haney Wharf - from 5 pm to 8:15 pm, well after the tide turned upriver, no appreciable runs seen.

Not for lack of effort either; there were the usual gang of suspects down on the wharf tonight - about 30 to 40 of us over the 3 hours I was there, and counted only 8 fish pulled in. That's down from 40 or 50 fish over a similiar period last week...:(

wgomer

« Reply #583 on: September 22, 2009, 02:29:18 PM »

I work on the river and have a pretty good opportunity to watch for fins and jumping fish.  Action has been very slow today around 5rd, all I have seen is a pair of seals swimming.  Rumor from the boys at Nikka Marine is that according to the DFO there are still several million fish waiting to travel upstream. We shall see...

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #584 on: September 22, 2009, 03:20:46 PM »

This is the same DFO who predicted a bumper run of sockeyes this summer ? ;)