Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many winter steelhead did you catch in winter 2009/2010? (including both hatchery and wild fish)

o
1 - 5
6 - 10
11 - 15
16 - 20
21 - 25
26 - 30
31+

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 22

Author Topic: 2010 Chilliwack River steelhead fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 105722 times)

hue-nut

• Old Timer

Hey Chris - guy at Fred's said to go with a small yarn presentation for the Steelies. Checked the info board, and 4 were caught today - all does!

Best 'o luck m8y.

Chris flossing steel with a "small yarn" presentation........that will be the day ;D

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

I'm waiting. ;D :P
Sorry for the delay as a computer malfunction saw me lose part of my report and then the Leafs lost therefore I was too depressed for a while to retype it. ???

Ned

Hey - so sorry I offended everyone. I shall retire my posts.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod

You offended no one Ned, keep posting.

Merry Christmas all.

the carp

Hey Ned no offence here, many fish are taken on yarn, the campbell river special probably the best, just coz your fishin yarn dont mean youre flossing

BCfisherman97

• Old Timer

You did not offend anyone Ned, yarn can produce very well.  ;)

http://www.fishingwithrod.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=21807.msg205246#msg205246
« Last Edit: December 24, 2009, 02:49:34 PM by BCfisherman97 »

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Had a nice breakfast and get together with Pistol Pete this morning. He headed out fishing while I did some last minute shopping. ::) (Thanks for breakfast PP)

I then meet up with him shortly after 12, the water was perfect and reports from some others more fish being caught today including one around where we were fishing. Looks good for the derby on the 26th.

We also heard a member of this board had to pull ashore an person that was being swept down river. I do not name him as he may not wish me too but thanks to him for helping rescue a angler from the frigid waters.

I did have a pull down during the 3 hour outing that I was certain was a fish of some sort. The Maple Leaf Drennan was completely submerged and I was so shocked I did not strike properly and only picked up on the line, some thing on the end was solid for a split second. I know it was not bottom as I was a couple feet clear and to top it off  the float did not go down again in that area after many more casts. What I donot know was it really a steelhead, a late run coho salmon or chum salmon. On one hand I hope it was not a steelhead as I made a bad mistake by not striking properly but we have all done that haven't we? It got the blood pumping thats for sure and it gives one that steelhead fever as we look forward to hopefully a banner year.

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook

Getting old Chris? ;D Seems like everyone of your journals mentions a missed strike or slow set. ;)
The Bigger The Better!

jeff

All I can say is I hope I am still in good enough shape to fish as much as Chris does when I am his age ;D
Enjoying the water..........

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

River in great shape, filed a brief report on my outing today under Fishing Reports.

Every Day

• Old Timer

Second that Chris. River had about 3-4 feet of visi and beautiful green colour.
Can feel it, derby day tomorrow is gonna be killer  ;D

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

River was looking so good today I could taste a steelhead but after about 4 hours on the river with not a pull I then broke off on a snag and that ended my day. Must have been fishing too deep. :o

No one I talked too had or saw any, must have been all caught on derby day. :D Day was not a total blank as I found $2 worth of beer tins. ;D

Will reorganize for another trip tomorrow as most of you will be working and I will have the river to myself. ;D ;D

Steel_Mo_Head

• Steel Fever.....

Hit the flow for abut 4 hours myself today! Beautiful day!  Not to cold either!  Start from top and worked a couple of the same runs i did on the derby day and then went to xplore some other new runs and a few from last year. Chucked out Roe, Jensen Eggs, some spinners...... NOOOOOO luck at all.  4th trip out so far this year.  It took me 7 trips last year before I landed my first wild and that was when i found my honey hole.  It hasn't produced this year yet though.  Regardless, it was a beautiful day, and i'm gettting my center pin casting down.  Gotthe back hand bc cast and everything.  Don't think i've ever use anything else but my centerpin in the veddar now.    Water was great!  Good luck!
I can't wait to fish ALL the time!

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Got to keep trying as you never know when the float is going to go down with our first steelhead of the season. That is what keeps us going back time after time isn't it? A chap I know caught his first ever yesterday. :o ;D

Tomorrow will be my turn, I hope. ;D

nickredway

• Old Timer

Thanks for the reports guys, am going to be up there a few times in the next week chasing that elusive first one. Going to stick to Pinks worms and the jigs. Have probably been faffing around changing up too much. It can be hard to maintain confidence in what you're fishing when you've only had one bite in 5 trips ;D
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 22