Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fight The HST!  (Read 148448 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
Re: Fight The HST!
« Reply #225 on: May 05, 2010, 10:12:04 AM »

What, he's realized the errors of his ways and is going to support the HST?
;D ;D ;D I will pass your good wishes on to him for you and alwaysfishin.

bcguy

« Reply #226 on: May 05, 2010, 12:00:19 PM »

Just a thought, but I sure would like to be tax exempt on the money I make as an individual, but that is the cost of living in this great province of ours. So why should businesses be tax exempt for goods and services provincially and federally? Is this not the cost of doing business in our province?
If there are any small business owners on the board, I would be curious how much they pay in taxes on the revenue/profits they generate.
Was thinking of registering myself as a business and contracting out my labour and writing off my expenses related to my employment, might be a better value in the long run.
"It seems clear beyond the possibility of argument that any given generation of men can have only a lease, not ownership, of the earth; and one essential term of the lease is that the earth be handed on to the next generation with unimpaired potentialities. This is the conservationist's concern"-RHB

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #227 on: May 05, 2010, 12:26:24 PM »

If there are any small business owners on the board, I would be curious how much they pay in taxes on the revenue/profits they generate.
Was thinking of registering myself as a business and contracting out my labour and writing off my expenses related to my employment, might be a better value in the long run.

Send me a PM.
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #228 on: May 05, 2010, 04:31:51 PM »

Excellent, please keep us updated

Good turn and thousands of names on petitions for Chillwack and Chillwack Hope ridings were given to Bill.

He said this was fantastic. ;D ;D ;D

Ted Field from Global was there so there will be some coverage on the news this evening.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 06:21:13 PM by chris gadsden »

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #229 on: May 05, 2010, 09:14:58 PM »

Chris and the Zalm happy about the anti HST petition drive

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #230 on: May 07, 2010, 06:34:20 AM »

geez Chris- You were my hero until I saw that hoodie..... ;)

Do you know how long it takes until Elections BC to approve my application? I've got lots of friends and family wanting to promote democracy...

On the bright side, it appears that the Recall initiative may not be needed in Kash Heed's riding ;)

http://www.vancouversun.com/business/Heed+could+lose+seat+probe+reveals+overspending/2993165/story.html
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 06:58:43 AM by Novabonker »
http://

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #231 on: May 07, 2010, 08:02:31 AM »

I think we should ask Rodney to change the title of this thread from "Fight the HST" to "Complain about the Liberals".

That way Chris and I wouldn't need to keep asking people to stay focused!  ;D  ;D

Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #232 on: May 07, 2010, 10:14:28 AM »

geez Chris- You were my hero until I saw that hoodie..... ;)

Do you know how long it takes until Elections BC to approve my application? I've got lots of friends and family wanting to promote democracy...

On the bright side, it appears that the Recall initiative may not be needed in Kash Heed's riding ;)

http://www.vancouversun.com/business/Heed+could+lose+seat+probe+reveals+overspending/2993165/story.html
They are very busy so hard to say but I will PM you Bill's e mail address so you can check with him if you wish and thanks for helping out.

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #233 on: May 08, 2010, 08:19:24 AM »

I think we should ask Rodney to change the title of this thread from "Fight the HST" to "Complain about the Liberals".

That way Chris and I wouldn't need to keep asking people to stay focused!  ;D  ;D

Here, let me spell out the relevance so you might glean some understanding of the post as it obviously was missed by you. The Liberals will let the citizen's initiative die on the order paper, or kill it in some way by ignoring,disregarding or enacting  some BS. The next step is recall- the post was about one riding that recall possibly won't be needed because of election gerrymandering . I hope you can now understand the way the two are connected. If that doesn't help , I'll type slower ;)

Any supporters of Fight HST on the North Shore can attend a rally at the Pinnacle Hotel, at Esplanade and Lonsdale , Sunday at 7 PM.

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #234 on: May 08, 2010, 10:02:49 AM »

Here, let me spell out the relevance so you might glean some understanding of the post as it obviously was missed by you. The Liberals will let the citizen's initiative die on the order paper, or kill it in some way by ignoring,disregarding or enacting  some BS. The next step is recall- the post was about one riding that recall possibly won't be needed because of election gerrymandering . I hope you can now understand the way the two are connected. If that doesn't help , I'll type slower ;)

Any supporters of Fight HST on the North Shore can attend a rally at the Pinnacle Hotel, at Esplanade and Lonsdale , Sunday at 7 PM.

I admire your strategy (or is that Bill's strategy).  Right now I believe the Libs have 49 seats and the NDP have 36 seats. Are you telling me that the next step is to recall at least 14 MP's?  ???

Let me be the first to wish you luck!   :D

I've tried typing slower lately as well, but it doesn't appear to have made any difference.....   ::)
« Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 10:04:30 AM by alwaysfishn »

glog

« Reply #235 on: May 08, 2010, 12:17:51 PM »

Gee I thought this was a fishing site, it seems to be more an NDP site right now with lets bash the liberals.

I know one thing for sure, if you guys hate Gordon, just imagine what it would be like under Carole.

Before any recalls or any other actions got get rid of Carole who is pretty much useless.

Oh how soon we forget Clark and the other cronies and all their corruption and boondoggles.

Its very simple let vote the NDP in,   on the pretense of saving the fish (which is federal not provincial anyway) and destroy the economy with the NDP's idiotic policies.

As for the HST as I said before, I've done all the calculations and at the end of the day as a farmer I come out a head. I.e. Making money.

Unlike the rest of the sheep out there my decision is based on study and calculation not listening to rhetoric fromany of the political hacks on both side of the issue.

cheers and lets get back to fishing!!

Bavarian Raven

« Reply #236 on: May 08, 2010, 12:57:53 PM »

As for the HST as I said before, I've done all the calculations and at the end of the day as a farmer I come out a head. I.e. Making money.

correct me if i am wrong, but sure you will make more money at the customers expense. ie, the customer will have to pay more and therefore, could drop demand of your products. and therefore actually make you loose money?

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #237 on: May 08, 2010, 04:02:10 PM »

correct me if i am wrong, but sure you will make more money at the customers expense. ie, the customer will have to pay more and therefore, could drop demand of your products. and therefore actually make you loose money?

I'll correct you if you're wrong(and you are) .......  :D

There will not be any HST charged on the bread, milk and eggs or even the meat that you as a consumer will buy! So you'll probably be eating as much or more after HST is introduced.  ;D

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #238 on: May 08, 2010, 04:49:50 PM »

I'll correct you if you're wrong(and you are) .......  :D

There will not be any HST charged on the bread, milk and eggs or even the meat that you as a consumer will buy! So you'll probably be eating as much or more after HST is introduced.  ;D

So where do you make up the shortfall to government coffers from the tax the farmer isn't paying any more ?

(Hint - Look on the back of the consumer)

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #239 on: May 08, 2010, 05:41:11 PM »

So where do you make up the shortfall to government coffers from the tax the farmer isn't paying any more ?

The farmer will make more money(less taxes) so he'll have the money to expand his business and in the process will need more labour.

Labor pays taxes .....  making up the shortfall.    8)