Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fight The HST!  (Read 148466 times)

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
Re: Fight The HST!
« Reply #270 on: May 13, 2010, 07:42:21 AM »

"Bill Vander Zalm, who has, by the way, also predicted the HST will expand to take in the U.S. and Mexico and eventually be controlled from Brussels, Belgium, as part of a conspiratorial New World Order"

And then I understand the Martians will be controling everything from outer space.... ;D  ;D
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #271 on: May 14, 2010, 06:34:56 AM »

"Bill Vander Zalm, who has, by the way, also predicted the HST will expand to take in the U.S. and Mexico and eventually be controlled from Brussels, Belgium, as part of a conspiratorial New World Order"

And then I understand the Martians will be controling everything from outer space.... ;D  ;D

Geez AF- you need a new writer- you said the same thing in another thread. ;)
Campbell- "We HAVE to find a way to fund oil tax breaks"
Hansen" Let's tax childrens clothes! We can put a ridiculous size limit and VOILA! We get the money and give it to oil companies!"

Shameless, disgusting and lower than a snake's belly- all I would expect from the pack of 'MIND CHANGERS BY DECEPTION"  :o :o
http://

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #272 on: May 14, 2010, 07:19:33 PM »

I think you will find the HST list here put out by the soon to be deceased Lib's. Follow the links.
 ::)
http://www.bclocalnews.com/fraser_valley/theprogress/news/93810589.html

Opps just saw this above the list, (This is not an exhaustive list of all goods and services.) I guess they still are not giving us the complete list. Why put things that have no change when most of us would like to see a complete list of the new items we will be faced paying the HST on ?
« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 07:27:03 PM by chris gadsden »

CameronT120

« Reply #273 on: May 14, 2010, 07:35:06 PM »

You can go to the Canada Revenue website and read their memoranda which lists taxable and non-taxable items in considerable detail.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #274 on: May 14, 2010, 07:38:09 PM »

You can go to the Canada Revenue website and read their memoranda which lists taxable and non-taxable items in considerable detail.
Thanks, post the link if you wish. I hope it just a plain list and not a lot of confusing other statements like the Province has been posting.

CameronT120

« Reply #275 on: May 14, 2010, 07:43:41 PM »

http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/tx/bsnss/tpcs/gst-tps/gnrl/txbl/menu-eng.html

It's not a simple list, I'm afraid, but it's all there if you care to read through it.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #276 on: May 14, 2010, 08:38:42 PM »

http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/tx/bsnss/tpcs/gst-tps/gnrl/txbl/menu-eng.html

It's not a simple list, I'm afraid, but it's all there if you care to read through it.
Thanks, I just donot understand why the don't put a list 1 through 50 or what ever number of items we will be subject to the 12% tax and be done with it. The more they avoid doing so the unhappier we, the general taxpayer gets. Maybe they now know they have reached the point of no return and realize they are history come 2013 if not before if a recall is called.

CameronT120

« Reply #277 on: May 15, 2010, 08:36:32 AM »

I think the list that has been published is probably all that is necessary for the average consumer.  It seems to cover all the things that I might encounter during the course of my day to day living.  It covers consumer goods and services that you or I might need regularly or even occasionally.  The memoranda on the Canada Revenue site goes into the specifics of that and more.  By more, I mean the things that you or I typically wouldn't be concerned with.  That is, taxes implemented for trade, production, etc.  It's all there for anyone to read.  Do we really need to be spending more money to have a government department assemble a list when the information is already available? 

yamadirt 426

« Reply #278 on: May 15, 2010, 09:58:33 PM »

I think the list that has been published is probably all that is necessary for the average consumer.  It seems to cover all the things that I might encounter during the course of my day to day living.  It covers consumer goods and services that you or I might need regularly or even occasionally.  The memoranda on the Canada Revenue site goes into the specifics of that and more.  By more, I mean the things that you or I typically wouldn't be concerned with.  That is, taxes implemented for trade, production, etc.  It's all there for anyone to read.  Do we really need to be spending more money to have a government department assemble a list when the information is already available? 

yes!

CameronT120

« Reply #279 on: May 16, 2010, 09:42:27 AM »

yes!

Why?  It'd be a waste of money (i.e. more of your and my tax dollars).

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #280 on: May 16, 2010, 10:20:21 AM »

Do you want a list of tax money wasted by the ruling aristocracy? LOL- I can't use up that much bandwidth in all fairness to our host. They had a million bucks for Olympic tickets, yet they can't put together a comprehensive list of items that will cost more because of their deceit by mind change ::). That smells as bad as the crap about dumped records in the BC Rail case because electronic storage was too expensive. Same stuff that comes from the north end of a southbound male bovine. Don't they know how to cut and paste?  ;D ;D

Here's a link- Incomplete (after 10 months) and dumped as usual with the trash on Friday afternoon, hoping no one would notice it amongst the coffee grinds and chip bags. Typical. ::) ::) ::)
https://hst.blog.gov.bc.ca/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/GST_PST_HST_List.pdf

bcguy

« Reply #281 on: May 16, 2010, 10:44:59 AM »

Take a furniture manufacturer. Before HST when they spend $100,000 on new equipment it will cost them an extra $7000 for PST plus $5000 for GST. They can claim back the $5000 GST, however the $7000 PST cannot be claimed back so the total outlay is $107,000.

After HST it will cost them a total of $12000 for HST however all of that can be claimed back. Total outlay is $100,000.

Because the equipment is more expensive before HST, the business needs to charge more for the furniture than they will need to charge after HST.

When the consumer buys furniture today they pay PST + GST = 12%. After HST it will still cost the consumer 12%, but on a lower base price.

I guess this may be true... somewhat, first off, no manufacturer buys that kind of capital equipment on a regular basis, none that I've work for any how (multimillion$ sales revenue/year)
There is already a production equipment and machine exeption in place (PM&ME) for these kinds of capital purchases, so a manufacturer is already exempt from paying PST., and the GST is taken back when submitting GST to Revenue Canada, so unless I'm wrong (and it happens) your point is moot.
And believe me, after a company lays out that kind of money, do you honestly beleive there will be much savings to be passed on to the consumer? I would say at best it allows a manufacturer to expand thier product line, and perhaps hire more employees, but since they dont pay PST or GST on these kinds of purchases already, once again dare I say it...MOOT.
"It seems clear beyond the possibility of argument that any given generation of men can have only a lease, not ownership, of the earth; and one essential term of the lease is that the earth be handed on to the next generation with unimpaired potentialities. This is the conservationist's concern"-RHB

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #282 on: May 17, 2010, 10:03:09 AM »

Delta – Former BC premier, Bill Vander Zalm, says his Fight HST team has completed a thorough analysis of the BC Government’s newly provided HST “list” that supposedly shows which items will be affected by HST, and says over 30 items are “missing in action”.

“We spent some time reviewing the list and have determined it is totally bogus. The government has, once again, deliberately tried to mislead the public when it comes to the HST. They just can’t seem to ever tell the truth,’ said Vander Zalm.

Vander Zalm says the list excludes almost all "services" that will now have HST applied to them.

“They left out items such as; catering; computer repair services; consulting services; commercial leases; fishing charters; home appraisals; investment counseling; limousine rentals; skiing; and even parking fees!”

Vander Zalm says that the HST applies to virtually every service that the GST applied to, so the government has no excuse for not knowing which items should have been included.

Vander Zalm says they are also playing games with HST applying on new home construction. He says the government list indicates “no change” to new homes under $525,000, with a confusing, small print footnote indicating “embedded PST of 2%” on new homes under $525K.

“The truth is, even after HST rebates new homes under $525,000 will have approximately 2% more tax added to them in HST. That means on a new house worth $300,000, buyers will pay an additional $6,000 in HST. On a big ticket item like a new home, that is a ton of money taken from consumers.”

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #283 on: May 17, 2010, 11:13:32 AM »

ROLLING, ROLLING, ROLLING

Anyone seen AF?

72 down, 13 to go.

The "Fight H-S-T" organizers say they now have the minimum of 10 per-cent of registered voters to sign the campaign to kill the tax in 68 of BC's 85 ridings.

Spokesperson Chris Delaney was on the Bill Good Show this morning on CKNW.

"We've hit the 500-thousand threshold now so that's another 100-thousand signatures in the last week and what's particularly encouraging about it are the numbers are soaring in Vancouver and Buranby now, so they were a little bit behind last week because we'd gotten started late there but now that we're organized we're seeing the numbers come as fast or faster than any of the other ridings in the rest of the province when they were at their peak."

Delaney says if they get the minimum in all 85 ridings and the government ignores their petition, they then will start recall proceedings.

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #284 on: May 17, 2010, 11:19:21 AM »

Now here's a waste of money spent on pro government propaganda: (Curious why you would say it's hard for them to come up with facts and figures)

Public Affairs Bureau with 223 fulltime government employees, a budget of $28 million a year (some say $31 million a year), and is bigger than any newsroom in Canada.

No newsroom anywhere covers a legislature with the same intensity as B.C.'s Public Affairs Bureau. We should ask a few questions.

Is it legal to use taxpayers' money for propaganda purposes? Is it legal for paid government employees to work in an election campaign? Is it legal and ethical to knowingly participate in the electoral process on behalf of government, but not the Opposition? Who decides on the policies which Public Affairs Bureau advocates? Who trains the new PAB "Officers" in their duties and how long does that take?

Perhaps values are reflected in paycheques. shown here, courtesy of Sean Holman at Public Eye Online:

Salary ranges for major unionized print media reporters:

The Canadian Press ($44,752.24 - $72,127.12)
The Times Colonist ($51,653.68 - $77,936.04)
The Globe and Mail ($47.110.96 - $84,199.44)
The Province, The Vancouver Sun ($53,998.36 - $86,140.08)

Salary ranges for public affairs bureau staff:

Public Affairs Officer ($47,278.25 - $79,847.87)
Communications Manager ($68,290.83 - $93,505.88)
Communications Director ($78,797.25 - $110,315.74)