Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fight The HST!  (Read 148445 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
Re: Fight The HST!
« Reply #420 on: July 09, 2010, 01:35:55 PM »

I wholeheartedly agree with the free vote concept. That was my point when the STV was proposed in the last election. I believe STV would have provided a better opportunity for MLA's to represent their ridings wishes rather than voting what the leader said they have to vote.

Unfortunately Chris and most of BC voted along the major party lines, which was against STV.... ???
Yes I did and starting to believe I voted wrongly. Just think, AF, Skaha, Rodney and I could have got elected. ;D ;D ;D

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #421 on: July 09, 2010, 05:10:11 PM »

Yes I did and starting to believe I voted wrongly.

I'm concerned that in 6 months you are going to be saying something similar only this time you'll be talking about the HST!   ;D

As far as getting elected, with my stance on the HST and if you believe the polls, I don't have a chance of getting elected.  :'(
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 05:12:35 PM by alwaysfishn »
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

bluesteele

« Reply #422 on: July 09, 2010, 06:52:34 PM »

This argument is old.... Of course everybody is going to support their favorite team (ask Chris about his...  ;D)

Did you expect business to be sending support dollars to the anti-business, pro-union NDP??

I believe the Liberals have been waivering on their HST resolve and Business doesn't want them backing out.

HST is good for business and what is good for business is also good for creating jobs! That's why Business is challenging this.

Holysmokes stop the presses !  Taxation creates jobs. We have solved the worlds financial crisis. Just think of all the jobs we
can create by adding new taxes.

Also I wanted to say that I'm so happy that my building costs have decreased due to the HST. But I'm greedy and
going to keep those savings for myself you know pay for a fishing trip or something.  ;) ;D ;D ;D

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #423 on: July 12, 2010, 04:02:51 PM »

This is why they brought on the HST

Worst Fudge-it Budget Proven, but Free Ride from Media
On Thursday we learned Campbell's Liberals ran for election on an impossible budget promise that inflated tax revenues by $2.1 billion. Why is media selling this as good news?
By Will McMartin
http://goto.thetyee.ca/t?ctl=166AC1E:01C07E6214D807F9797436BE32ED3FAF8F7D795DAFB9E650&
Monday, July 12, 2010

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #424 on: July 12, 2010, 04:26:55 PM »

This is why they brought on the HST

Worst Fudge-it Budget Proven, but Free Ride from Media
On Thursday we learned Campbell's Liberals ran for election on an impossible budget promise that inflated tax revenues by $2.1 billion. Why is media selling this as good news?
By Will McMartin
http://goto.thetyee.ca/t?ctl=166AC1E:01C07E6214D807F9797436BE32ED3FAF8F7D795DAFB9E650&
Monday, July 12, 2010

You gotta stop reading that left wing rag! They are amazing at turning a positive into a negative!

If the government inflated revenues by $2.1 billion, wouldn't their shortfall (deficit) be higher than they projected? It was actually almost $1 billion less than projected.

If I told you at the beginning of the year that I was going to make $100,000 this year and I was going to spend $105,000, then at the end of the year I should have a shortfall of $5000. If at the end of the year I provided an accounting that showed you that my deficit shortfall was only $2000, you would probably say good for you, nice work!

However along comes the Tyee and reports that I said I was going to make $100,000 but that I over estimated my income and only made $80,000 for the last year. They say I mislead everyone because my actual income was less than my projected income! Why didn't they rather focus on the fact my deficit is smaller than I projected in spite of the fact my revenue was $20,000 less than I had projected?  ???

The reason is that they are a left wing rag that reports what the NDP asks them to report as opposed to giving the public an objective report!
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

BwiBwi

• Old Timer
« Reply #425 on: July 12, 2010, 10:27:12 PM »

Simple less sales = less COS.   Nothing to be happy about.   ;D

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #426 on: July 28, 2010, 07:16:04 PM »

AF

I have been away for 9 days, no papers, TV or radio.  ;D How is the count going, most be well along after close to a month of counting, no news must be good news for us. ;D ;D

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #427 on: July 28, 2010, 08:45:24 PM »

AF

I have been away for 9 days, no papers, TV or radio.  ;D How is the count going, most be well along after close to a month of counting, no news must be good news for us. ;D ;D

Wow Chris, you have a great memory......  Seems like everyone else in BC has forgotten all about the petition and is happily filling the governments purse by going to restaurants, then the gym, paying their utility and cable bills and not even missing the few extra pennies of HST that it cost them....   I haven't heard from the Zalm either, maybe he's fallen into a bit of dementia as well....   ;D  ;D  ;D

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #428 on: July 28, 2010, 10:16:11 PM »

I have now heard they have counted those with the least percentage of signatures so nothing yet so it looks like we have won round 1. ;D ;D Anyway the Liberals are done regardless, some will not care with their pensions they will get.

I have cut down on eating out, fewer coffees and have been a beak as if the service is poor no tips, which has happened 3 times out of 5 trips to the restaurant since July 1.

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #429 on: August 11, 2010, 06:24:27 PM »

Bravo to all involved. Next is getting ready to crank it up a few notches come November!

http://www.cknw.com/Channels/Reg/NewsLocal/Story.aspx?ID=1264051
http://

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #430 on: August 11, 2010, 06:41:19 PM »

Former B.C. premier Bill Vander Zalm and 700,000 other British Columbians have won a battle against HST, but not the war.

Elections B.C. told Vander Zalm just before 6 p.m. Wednesday that it had verified the 700,000 anti-HST signatures, meaning the petition had the support of 10 per cent of registered voters in all 85 ridings needed to trigger an HST-repeal bill in the B.C. Legislature.

However, the Chief Electoral Officer told Vander Zalm that he would not act on the repeal until the action has made its way through the courts. An angry Vander Zalm said that could take up to three years.

http://www.theprovince.com/health/Decision+repeal+petition+come+today/3385821/story.html

3 years?!?    You mean we have to sit here on the edge of our seats (or on pins and needles) for 3 years before we find out the Zalm got everyone all riled up for nothing? This isn't going to do anything for his political career......   

I'd be angry too!!     ;D ;D ;D

bcguy

« Reply #431 on: August 12, 2010, 05:26:43 AM »

Ironically enough, close to the same amount of time the Liberals have left in office....sad, a very sad day indeed >:(
"It seems clear beyond the possibility of argument that any given generation of men can have only a lease, not ownership, of the earth; and one essential term of the lease is that the earth be handed on to the next generation with unimpaired potentialities. This is the conservationist's concern"-RHB

nosey

« Reply #432 on: August 12, 2010, 05:48:27 AM »

I'm pretty sure it wasn't Zalm that got everyone annoyed, when you do something ignorant enough to get Zalm and Carole James in bed together you're pretty hard to defend.

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #433 on: August 12, 2010, 07:08:06 AM »

I'm pretty sure it wasn't Zalm that got everyone annoyed, when you do something ignorant enough to get Zalm and Carole James in bed together you're pretty hard to defend.

The Zalm and James are not in bed together because they love each other......   ;D

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #434 on: September 02, 2010, 08:24:39 AM »

The sewage continues to get deeper. And deeper.......

http://www.cknw.com/Other/FOI6_PGS_32_42.pdf
http://