Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Are You Planning Cut Backs In Spending Because of The HST?  (Read 9228 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
Are You Planning Cut Backs In Spending Because of The HST?
« on: June 26, 2010, 06:25:22 PM »

Are you going to cut back in spending on non essentials because of the HST that is now days ahead?

I am going to cut back starting with my usual coffee at Tims, dropping back from a large to a medium, in a reusable cup too. Also less trips to Cookies and other restaurant food. I think I will cancel our telephone and just use out Cell phones.

I imagine AF will increase his spending to make up for my cutbacks. ;D

Dennis.t

• Old Timer
Re: Are You Planning Cut Backs In Spending Because of The HST?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2010, 06:31:45 PM »

Im planning to vote out Gordie and the Liberals in the next election. We all will have to cut back our spending because of this nasty new tax increase.

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2010, 07:14:14 PM »

I imagine AF will increase his spending to make up for my cutbacks. ;D

No problem Chris......  Just let me know how much I've got to spend.  ;D

You know it hurts me to see how the HST is devastating folks like you.......
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

~IvAn~

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2010, 09:28:26 PM »

Im planning to vote out Gordie and the Liberals in the next election. We all will have to cut back our spending because of this nasty new tax increase.

Uncle Gordie doesn't care...he already knows he's done next election

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2010, 09:33:15 PM »

No problem Chris......  Just let me know how much I've got to spend.  ;D

You know it hurts me to see how the HST is devastating folks like you.......
Not devastating but it just the way it was done. I belive you would have read that I was on a government Riding Association for 8 years, low level, volunteer but the way I saw things handled at times well, -------  I will leave it at that. :o ::)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2010, 09:38:44 PM »

Uncle Gordie doesn't care...he already knows he's done next election
Yes you are so right IvAn and it is scary, as of interest from this mostly fish related forum our environment, fish and wildlife will unfortunately be paying the price, worse than every before. These topic as regular readers of this board know the shortfalls that have been discussed in depth by many knowledgeable people.

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2010, 10:41:38 PM »

Not devastating but it just the way it was done. I belive you would have read that I was on a government Riding Association for 8 years, low level, volunteer but the way I saw things handled at times well, -------  I will leave it at that. :o ::)

I've never argued in favor of the Liberals or how they have handled the HST. All I've argued about is the merits of the HST over the PST.
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2010, 11:15:21 PM »

When the GST (compliments of Brian Bulroney) was implemented I cut back on the spending for a year..... then I resume back to my former self.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2010, 11:20:45 PM »

When the GST (compliments of Brian Bulroney) was implemented I cut back on the spending for a year..... then I resume back to my former self.
You cheer for the Leafs too then weaken and go back to the Canucks. ;D ;D ;D

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2010, 12:13:56 AM »

You cheer for the Leafs too then weaken and go back to the Canucks. ;D ;D ;D

I regained my sanity. ;D

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2010, 05:58:03 AM »

If you get a chance, read the editorial page in the Province for Sunday.

WARNING - if you're easily offended by Campbullcrap, this may induce nausea or a spinning like feeling.
http://

CameronT120

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2010, 09:23:42 AM »

I won't be cutting back at all.  There are very few things in my day to day spending that will be changed by the HST.  There's not a huge difference between what I presently pay GST and PST on when compared to what I would pay HST on.

purplehelmet

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2010, 12:53:44 PM »

Don't forget the Carbon Tax increase (July 1st), too...  'Cuz Gordy cares about the environment...
It's NOT good for the smoker!

Buck_wife

« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2010, 01:36:13 PM »

It won't really affect our family much at all. We very rarely eat out now, because even without PST its still freaking expensive for 6 people. I may think twice about popping by Timmies at first, but after awhile it just becomes normal.

Clothes for the kids will be a bit pricier, but I try to keep an eye on the flyers for good sales anyways, cuz it really pains my little dutch heart to pay full price for anything.  ;D

Apparently there will be HST on certain school supplies, but we use very little of that since we started homeschooling all four kids 3 years ago. 

Pop is a once a week treat for my kids, so no worries there really. Chips we do eat more often, so I may buy a couple bags less a week, but that's minor.

If I didn't have kids I would def get rid of the home phone. They are old enough to be home on their own during the day, but I would not be comfortable leaving them home alone without a phone.

And I cut everyone's hair around here, even trim my own sometimes, or get one of the girls to do it for me.

So no, no plans to cut back really, since we don't spend a lot of money on 'extras'

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2010, 01:37:30 PM »

Being that we have already cut our spending as much as we can its not possible to cut back further. HST wont affect people as much as all the hype leads you to believe.

The HST coverage sure takes away from more important issues such as health care, and education.

Examples: Schools are being shutdown again and to get an MRI done its a wait list of anywhere from 12 months - 24 months. IMO those issues are far more important.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family