Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many Chilliwack River hatchery marked coho salmon did you retain in fall 2010?

1 - 5
6 - 10
11 - 15
16 - 20
21 - 25
26 - 30
31+

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 19

Author Topic: 2010 Chilliwack River fall salmon fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 113713 times)

Bently

• Old Timer
  • fish eyes love my ties

Lower a couple of hours before dark very poor but lots of activity. :-X

Videos and full fishing report later after badminton or tomorrow am under fishing reports. Upper fine and as darkness closed in the Lower was coming around too.

Unless something drastic happens all area will be OK come morning.

Pretty good guy,, telling us the conditions like that :), considering your a Leafs Fan and all ;D ;D, then again you might need to get your head checked  ;D ;D ;D..........Thanks Chris,this really helps the guys like me , that live a fair distance from that particular flow. Very cool  :)

hamster

I second that motion.  Yes,I find these water condition reports most helpful.  Helpful to decide whether to call in sick or not. ;D  Especially for us Bellingham folks making the drive up.  The vedder is a true treasure.

PS Been fishing the Vedder for 8 years now - but just recently discovered the FWR site

clujalolo

I second that motion.  Yes,I find these water condition reports most helpful.  Helpful to decide whether to call in sick or not. ;D  Especially for us Bellingham folks making the drive up.  The vedder is a true treasure.

PS Been fishing the Vedder for 8 years now - but just recently discovered the FWR site

wow you come all the way up for the vedder? nicce!

actually your drive probably same or less time to get to vedder. it takes me like 45mins to get there

hamster

It's a 1 and 1/2 hour drive (with border time and Tim Horton's stop).  But well worth it.  Fished the Nooksack, Skagit River and Stillacoom river in Washington and nothing compares to the Vedder - in my opinion. The Chinooks and are bigger and more plentiful.  Skagit's good during the pink years -  but paying the extra amount for an Alien fishing license is well worth it.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod

Just chatted with Chris on the phone and he said the water condition is good for anyone who is thinking about going out.

habkid10

hit up the chedder on mon an tues around wilson.mon was slow ,only hooked a couple jax, but yesterday was much better.lost a ho an landed a nice hatchery both on eggs around 7  7 30.blown away by how quiet it is on the river this yr . i guess everyones freezer is full, but its way less busy than normal an not that im complainin.takin today off an will b back out tomorow an fri.

kindalonismo

Thanks habkid10 for the report.  I need to get some more posts so I can check out the reports  ;D

Gonna try this weekend, but I am sure it won't be as quiet.

habkid10

u dont need the report s  man,,,they ll help a bit ,u jus gotta get out and pound the river.   you ll have lotsa frustrating days but there will also b many days where u ll  b on fire.its gonna heat up bigtime in the next week. 

fic

• Old Timer

It's a 1 and 1/2 hour drive (with border time and Tim Horton's stop).  But well worth it.  Fished the Nooksack, Skagit River and Stillacoom river in Washington and nothing compares to the Vedder - in my opinion. The Chinooks and are bigger and more plentiful.  Skagit's good during the pink years -  but paying the extra amount for an Alien fishing license is well worth it.

The Border guards let you take fish back to Bellingham?  I didn't think it was allowed by either the Canadian or US side.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Just chatted with Chris on the phone and he said the water condition is good for anyone who is thinking about going out.
Yes and the fish abound. ;D

Further report in a bit, under fishing reports after late breakfast, cut the lawn and a nap. Forget the nap need to get back to the river. ;D ;D

Steelie1030

I've crossed the border lots of times with a limit of fish, sometimes from the US into Canada and also the other way round. Never had a problem, however I always declare that I have fresh fish in the truck. The Nooksack opens for coho on Oct 1 although I've never caught any but will try this weekend as I've been doing a lot of exploring, so Saturday Nooksack, Sunday Vedder...does it get any better!! BTW I am a Canuck, it's just that I have a place on the banks of the North Fork of the Nooksack.

habkid10

any place on the river is a good place.the nook is a nice river but never fished it.

katfish

I noticed the gear only listed a baitcaster and center pin rod/reel for short floating.  Why was the spincaster not included?  Is it feasible?  Thx.

hamster

The Border guards let you take fish back to Bellingham?  I didn't think it was allowed by either the Canadian or US side.

Yep.  You're allowed to take your legal possession limit back.  When I got a coho once and gave the head to the DFO lady and she gave me a tag to show the border guards.  The border guards always ask me what the conditions were like (I think for their own curiosity). They rarely look in my cooler - but ya never know.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Was darn slow today with the bite only at first light. Lots of fish showing, more when the sun hit the water. Taking a break from fishing, now hunting.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 19