- 5 (3.8%)
Corkies
- 4 (3.1%)
Yarn
- 5 (3.8%)
Jigs
- 13 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 127

Author Topic: Go to steelhead lure  (Read 18210 times)

hue-nut

• Old Timer
Re: Go to steelhead lure
« Reply #45 on: March 10, 2011, 06:08:18 PM »

It would be cool if you took your fly over to the Fly Fishing Cafe and give a demo on tying it for the people that can't figure it out and might want to try it on the vice...just a thought. :)

I am not a fly guy but know some, can't see a true fly guy tying this on. Seems like a gear "fly" to me

Dennis.t

• Old Timer
« Reply #46 on: March 10, 2011, 09:24:53 PM »

Nope... stretchy clear cord...
Yea the tie def worked better than I even thought it would. Pays to try whatever is on your mind in front of the vice!
Never seen anything really like it and I'm glad I tried tying it up... and spent time field testing it!
Why would you give away a secret weapon?

Every Day

• Old Timer
« Reply #47 on: March 11, 2011, 10:27:11 AM »

Why would you give away a secret weapon?

Quite honestly I don't mind helping other people hook up with fish...

I am not a fly guy but know some, can't see a true fly guy tying this on. Seems like a gear "fly" to me

Designed as an actual fly. I have some with unscented eggs. I have had a few fly guys get some from me already.

ME Too....... maybe this could be a startup venture for you.You already have 3 customers ready! I will take a dozen!

If you guys are serious about buying them my email is steelheadfishing@hotmail.com
I was thinking $2.00 a piece if you pay shipping, $2.50 a piece if you don't.
Will probs be in Chilliwack for the next little while because of the strike at the school... about to go do some more field testing lol

Fishing2474life

• Hero Shot
« Reply #48 on: March 11, 2011, 12:19:36 PM »

Jigs are the way to go. Heres a trick to using jigs. There is always a time and place to use them. They are espically good on clear days. Also what is working out there right now is a "Aerojig 109 Orange" you can get them at gone fishin'. What I figured that really works well was tip the jig with half a pink worm ill post some pictures of my set up. And also on a clear day a "Clear drift" float is key.
Take up a reel sport. Fishing!

lapa

« Reply #49 on: March 11, 2011, 12:26:47 PM »

Quite honestly I don't mind helping other people hook up with fish...

Designed as an actual fly. I have some with unscented eggs. I have had a few fly guys get some from me already.

If you guys are serious about buying them my email is steelheadfishing@hotmail.com
I was thinking $2.00 a piece if you pay shipping, $2.50 a piece if you don't.
Will probs be in Chilliwack for the next little while because of the strike at the school... about to go do some more field testing lol

email sent

Every Day

• Old Timer
« Reply #50 on: March 11, 2011, 05:15:41 PM »

Jigs are the way to go. Heres a trick to using jigs. There is always a time and place to use them. They are espically good on clear days. Also what is working out there right now is a "Aerojig 109 Orange" you can get them at gone fishin'. What I figured that really works well was tip the jig with half a pink worm ill post some pictures of my set up. And also on a clear day a "Clear drift" float is key.

Clear drift floats aren't key....
I do fine, and know many other people that do fine with a 4 inch stubby.
Hooked another 2 today in 4 hours on the fly lol.

glx

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #51 on: March 11, 2011, 05:55:38 PM »

Putting your lure, bait, fly etc in front of fish is far more important than a clear float. 

Bently

• Old Timer
  • fish eyes love my ties
« Reply #52 on: March 11, 2011, 06:59:02 PM »

And also on a clear day a "Clear drift" float is key.

Hmmm ??? Wonder what all the old timers were using for floats when they were catching all them steelies back in the day, sure wasn't no "Clear Drift Float" that's for sure. IMO there nothing special and won't catch you any more fish than if you were using a 99 cent dink float, but to each his own I guess. Some need the best, or should I say most expensive, even if they don't catch much,  ;D
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 07:02:50 PM by Bently »

steelie-slayer

• catch and release
« Reply #53 on: March 11, 2011, 08:22:22 PM »

Hmmm ??? Wonder what all the old timers were using for floats when they were catching all them steelies back in the day, sure wasn't no "Clear Drift Float" that's for sure. IMO there nothing special and won't catch you any more fish than if you were using a 99 cent dink float, but to each his own I guess. Some need the best, or should I say most expensive, even if they don't catch much,  ;D
I agree with you, on the weekend i decided to pick up a couple clear drifts and 7 bucks for a float way over priced! i lost 1 after about 2 hours then went back to my foam floats (20g balsa style) and was still gettin fish. And i found the clear drifts to actually be annoying cus the bobber stoppers kept sliding on the line messing up my depth. But i mean if someone gave me a bunch of clear drifts i would probly be saying the opposite, saying 'you MUST use clear floats'.  ::)
gone to the dark side, poor levelwind probly never going to see the water again.

steelie-slayer

• catch and release
« Reply #54 on: March 11, 2011, 08:42:57 PM »

clear drifts are only $4 , drennans are $7. You got ripped off if you paid 7 for a cleardrift
my bad it wasa dreenan piker found the package in my vest
gone to the dark side, poor levelwind probly never going to see the water again.

NiceFish

• Old Timer
« Reply #55 on: March 12, 2011, 06:56:18 PM »

i've got all under control then      ...except the ability to successfully locate them  :-X

DionJL

• Old Timer
« Reply #56 on: March 14, 2011, 10:13:47 AM »

The GLX eggs have been treating me well lately.

NiceFish

• Old Timer
« Reply #57 on: March 14, 2011, 05:03:15 PM »

Hey I've got some of those....when are we going fishing...shouldn't all GLX users become a united front?

DionJL

• Old Timer
« Reply #58 on: March 14, 2011, 09:44:31 PM »

The GLX egg at work. No "Roe-Fly" for me.

Every Day

• Old Timer
« Reply #59 on: March 14, 2011, 10:08:33 PM »

I'll have to post a few more pics from the last few days....
Me and a buddy hit 4 on Saturday amongst the crowds (on the fly), pissed a lot of people off lol.
Also hit 2 on Friday.

To each their own, but I'm definitely confident in the fly I tied.  :P