Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Late May Surprise  (Read 1998 times)

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
Late May Surprise
« on: June 01, 2024, 12:56:06 PM »

Two days ago I went for a walk and wade on a true urban stream just 10 minutes from my home and caught this very nice cutthroat literally under the bridge over a major roadway. I made my day and perhaps my week.

"It is obviously, incontestably true that a senile president with a competent and ethical staff would be preferable to an authoritarian one who wants to fill his administration with guys who sound like school shooter manifestos " ...Adam Serwer writing in The Atlantic July 3, 2024

Blood_Orange

• Old Timer
Re: Late May Surprise
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2024, 04:27:20 PM »

What a tank!

fishnjim

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2024, 08:31:04 PM »

beauty!  is the adipose fin missing?

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2024, 11:33:46 AM »

I don't recall looking. The dorsal part of the fish is covered by the net fold. Any hatchery fish would be at least 6 years old so I very much doubt it was a hatchery fish. I haven't seen one since early 2020.
"It is obviously, incontestably true that a senile president with a competent and ethical staff would be preferable to an authoritarian one who wants to fill his administration with guys who sound like school shooter manifestos " ...Adam Serwer writing in The Atlantic July 3, 2024

fishnjim

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2024, 06:32:00 PM »

hahah kind a figured no clips or enhancement for sometime but after a better look now i think i can see the adipose!  great fish!